Windows XP MS outlook problem.

So my desktop is having some issues. I'm trying to solve the problem before I take to repair.

What happens is that when I open MS Outlook the computer crashes and reboots. This is really strange as with other programs such as my accounting/stock management program it works ok. The hardware is a bit old but didn't have any problems up to now.

MS Office is also having a few problems, I try to open a word doc and it won't start.

I tryed doing a system backup to a DVD but I can't either.

I am starting to consider saving all files manualy and then formating everything, but if I can save the trouble it would be great!

Any ideias of what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Manuel

What version of Outlook? Older versions have been known to frequently corrupt their data file and sometimes you can fix this by simply doing as Todd said (remove, reinstall, import old mailbox) or by loading your mailbox onto a different machine and then re-loading it. I know it sounds like a circus, but I've had to do it on several machines in my office.

Hi Manuel and welcome.

I tried the reload fix a few months back and it worked for me everything if fine now (crosses fingers). It seems somehow when using MS "Orofice" in a certain way or having the right combination of open Office programs and downloading some file types, Office just seems to spazz out. Good luck.