Lenovo AC adapter recommendations?

Um, as for a notebook, I'd buy a refurb ThinkPad T40 for less than 1/3 the price of a new MacBook. Oh wait, that's what I did.

win!

Awesome.

As for an adapter, I'd order directly from Lenovo. So many of the aftermarket stuff is crap that there's a good chance you'd just be throwing your money away on it.

Hmm, there seems to be some lenovo chargers on ebay that look very similar to the real thing (which is $40 :() does anyone know if they're fake?

AC Adaptor Charger for IBM Lenovo Laptop 20V 3.25A - eBay (item 110277032024 end time Aug-08-08 00:37:04 PDT)

Somewhen between back then and now, I've gone pretty much linux everywhere. I think half the machines I have access to are dual boot, or have a VM on them.

I only kept one Windows machine around for Lightroom. As of last week I am finally windows free. I use RHEL5.2 at work, Fedora 8, 9, 8, 8, OSX at home, and Fedora 5/SUSE 4 in my Lab. *nix FTW.

Um, I sent a service request and I supposedly got the problem resolved. But I got this as the resolution

CRUING THE FOLLOWING AC ADAPTER FRU 42T5282

This is probably a stupid question but does that mean that they're sending me one or I should go buy one?

In Thinkpad-speak, CRU is customer-replaceable unit. So, it sounds like they are sending you a replacement adapter.