Arthur Forty PSC EWS 1X headphones / anybody tried them?

Blackmore

Looks like some OEM china made shit to me. Some made up ARTHUR FORTY company. For the Russian speaking: гавно на палочке :palm:

Gavno na 'headband' ... head-case vsetaki.

Ya that makes sense knowing the way Russian market works, especially seeing how the microphones look like more like a portable gas stove.

Wow, pretty craptacular specs regarding nominal impedance. +/- 15%?!??! I'm imagining a room full of monkeys and drivers getting closer matched pairs...

Remember that impedance of many drivers changes with frequency. If that +/- 15% represents changes over the entire frequency response, it might actually be a pretty good spec. Alternatively, they could report an impedance at a particular frequency and get a much tighter, but less useful, spec.

Finally, driver matching could simply be crap, but I wouldn't assume it without considering alternatives.

Remember that impedance of many drivers changes with frequency. If that +/- 15% represents changes over the entire frequency response, it might actually be a pretty good spec. Alternatively, they could report an impedance at a particular frequency and get a much tighter, but less useful, spec.

Finally, driver matching could simply be crap, but I wouldn't assume it without considering alternatives.

That's a good point Hirsch regarding the variable impedance of a driver over the full frequency range. But I can't recall ever seeing a man'f spec their drivers like that before.