DAC only Pico prototype impressions

tyrion

The amp that was just returned and died again. I'm sending both monos back. He's going to build a new amp for me to replace the one that went bad and upgrade the other. I hope to have a replacement while they are gone so I can continue to evaluate the Pico.

Shit Mike, that sucks. Like Al said, your a saint for accepting more down time from them.

And I suspect that the KGSS will be the equal of the SRD7. ;D

I'm not sure I understand the "saint" stuff. I've had one problem and he messed up and is building me a new amp. I mean, I'm not happy but shit does happen on occasion. If this were SP, I may not be understanding but so far the guy has been pretty stand up. The company is Tube Audio Design. He's a one man operation.

If it were me I'd be requesting two new amps, ont this repair/upgrade nonsense that will have you without amps for yet another undetermined length of time.

While I would never call you a saint, Mike, I agree with Nate that two new amps makes more sense, and I thought you have been having trouble with them throughout. Didn't know it was a one-man company, which does excuse things a little in my book. Good luck in any case.

Never had a problem until now. Only one of the amps has a problem. The other is fine. He told me a resistor failed in the protection relay circuit and put one in that was larger (he didn't define what larger means other but he knew he was talking to a layperson). He wants to do the same for the other amp. He did the repair, it was working and sent it back. As a result of the second failure in the same amp, he is going to build a new amp to replace it and update the other. I rather not be without them for another two weeks but it's not a big deal since I have a very nice replacement at the moment.

You guys are awfully cranky today.:)

DOTU, shouldn't you be putting together that sweet office rig and posting pics?