Dell SP2309W 16:9 2k resoltion monitor

I must say this is one of the nicest monitors I have used and at the price of just under $400 it will be nearly impossible to beat. The monitor is 16:9 and has a native 2k resolution (2048x1152) with selectable 1:1 pixel mapping. This isn't perhaps the best monitor for gaming as I have found 16:10 to give you a bit more viewable area but for movies and TV this monitor is fantastic. I highly recommend it for anyone considering a monitor upgrade. The screen is glossy but not nearly as glossy as others. For movies I personally prefer a glossy screen for daily browsing and text viewing I prefer a matte finish.

while i hate all other dell products with a burning passion in my pants, their monitors however are exceptional. it may be perhaps because they are made by someone else and then rebranded as dell. the finish on my 5 year old 20" is just god awful. you can see raw unfinished metal and i had to cover it up with foam to prevent any accidental cuts but the screen itself is wonderful. compared it to a 22" acer, 22" lg and 22" samsung and the samsung was the only one that i prefered over it but that had to go when i was moving back home.

ive never played with a 16:9 screen though, sounds interesting. perhaps my next screen.

while i hate all other dell products with a burning passion in my pants, their monitors however are exceptional. it may be perhaps because they are made by someone else and then rebranded as dell. the finish on my 5 year old 20" is just god awful. you can see raw unfinished metal and i had to cover it up with foam to prevent any accidental cuts but the screen itself is wonderful. compared it to a 22" acer, 22" lg and 22" samsung and the samsung was the only one that i prefered over it but that had to go when i was moving back home.

ive never played with a 16:9 screen though, sounds interesting. perhaps my next screen.

My understanding is the panel is made by Samsung but the electronics are done by Dell.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm finding that using my new laptop, which has a 16:9 screen, to my old Princeton produces a very strange look. I'd like to upgrade to a 16:9 screen in the 23" range. So this Dell is a contender, though I suspect it's overkill for my needs. Basically I need a good, computer monitor. I won't use it for gaming or for watching TV/movies. Since my laptop supports 1080 resolution, it would be best if the monitor did too. I'm thinking of getting this from Fry's as it seems to have all the features (and then some) that I need and is considerably cheaper than the Dell.

Please feel free to comment on this or suggest alternatives. Thanks.