Looking at Full-size headphones... help me out

phishhead92

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, hmm, what are some nice entry level comfy ones, like maybe ones that have the dounut shap going on, i dont like the on ear, its in or over and thats that haha

Edit:

Maybe the Sony MDR-V6 aka 7506? Can be made more comfortable with the DT250 velour earpads. The V6/7506 is probably on display at your local Guitar Center too.

that takes care of that

when you have speakers positioned correctly, the sound doesn't seem to come from just the speakers, but rather from all over. The same thing happens, to a degree, with headphones. Soundstage is the impression that you're watching real performers, not listening to headphones.

I suspect you guys are being pwnd, the syntax is suspicious.

It is not nice to join a forum to play tricks on the helpful members. What goes around comes around. :rolleyes:

what is suspicious, what am i selling? im asking for you guys to be the salespeople for me, i am new to high quality audio and i would like some guidence, and your right what goes around comes around, so after you help me i will be able to help other ppl out

im sorry im a little hyperactive , i do have ADHD haha, but dang dude thats no way to treat a new person asking for help, im sure you were like me at some point. I JUST WANNA KNOW WHAT AMP/DAC/HEADPHONES TO BUY!

alright, so i finished it, sorry for asking so many questions and such. but back to the matter at had.

[Edit:] Full-size (prefferably comfy with the donut shaped pads)

>150$ for headphones, and if you think it would be worth the money to get an amp, what kind

i guess i like lots o' bass so a overall great bass is nice

very crisp mids is another thing i like

and highs are nice and all but they can sacrifice some quality

i will mostly only use these indoors with my computer (and probably use them with my ipod occasionally (i have ety ER-6i's for the ipod))

i mostly listen to Phish, and other jam bands, usually funk/jazz (is what it comes out to be) I also listen to lots of techno (funk and this is where the bass is most important)

i have looked at

Headphone Reviews :: JVC-Victor HADX3

and

Headphone Reviews :: Equation RP21

are these good for the said music type and purpose?

The new Shure SRH840s are probably about as good as you're going in to get in your price range. They run about $200, but according to Carl Seibert, you can get them at headphone solutions for $159.00 with a code. The Sony V6 is an old stand-by I like, though other people don't like it much at all. It's cheap, at least.

I had the Equation RP22X, which is supposedly the bass-heavier version of the RP21. It's an okay headphone for the money, but heavy. They also made my ears sweaty after a short period, which I'd never had before. I don't know about other. I heard the 840s at CanJam, though they were decent, but congested (as are almost all closed headphones).

On HF, you said in one thread you were 17 and could only pay cash. Is this true? This limits your options and ability to get deals on prices. If so, I'd think that would limit you to what's available in stores near you.

• 2 weeks later...
no cause he uses them haha, he let me borrow them so i can get a good grasp on the grado sound, but those gift cards work like credit cards, but they dont work to fill a pay pal account (from what i know)
Seeing as dad is so keen for you to get your own phones, ask him to use his credit card for a purchase.