Hell's Kitchen Season 6

Quadrangulum

Shit! Eaten at Araxi quite a few times, has been pretty consistent (for Whistler standards...), albeit at ridiculous cost (in line with Whistler standards).

Kinda preferred this dude on Hell's Kitchen

story.jpg

Haven't really enjoyed any stateside Ramsay.

On another note, Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (UK) is AWESOME!

Big Gordon Ramsay fan here. His joint at Claridge's is the first truly excellent food I've ever had, and I will love him forever for it.

That being said, Kitchen Nightmares US is a joke in comparison. In the UK, he busts balls and makes people sell their cars to get a new stove. In the US, he lets them moan and then remakes their whole place on his own dollar to placate them. No go, Ramsay.

That being said, Kitchen Nightmares US is a joke in comparison. In the UK, he busts balls and makes people sell their cars to get a new stove. In the US, he lets them moan and then remakes their whole place on his own dollar to placate them. No go, Ramsay.

Actually, that doesn't bother me much. His general attitude seems to be the same. What does bother me is the way the content is presented. It's as if some studio exec said "hey, KN is a great show but what we need for our version are some 3-second Bruckheimer-style edits, non-stop dramatic cheesy synth music in the background and commentary straight out of "Cops!" After all that show worked, why not copy the style for this one!

There was content enough in there for some pretty good episodes but the presentation is absurd and ruins everything.

Actually, that doesn't bother me much. His general attitude seems to be the same. What does bother me is the way the content is presented. It's as if some studio exec said "hey, KN is a great show but what we need for our version are some 3-second Bruckheimer-style edits, non-stop dramatic cheesy synth music in the background and commentary straight out of "Cops!" After all that show worked, why not copy the style for this one!

There was content enough in there for some pretty good episodes but the presentation is absurd and ruins everything.

I'm generationally incapable of being irked by a 3-second cut, though I totally see what you mean.

The backing music and ridiculous narrator do diminish it significantly. That being said, I still watch all of them, I just pine for the British version.

Every time the narrator says "You won't believe your eyes" or something like that, my wife and I gasp and look at each other in astonishment.

The British episodes are indeed superior. It has, unfortunately, diminished the appeal of the American show for me. Still, it's the best reality cooking show domestically by a country mile.

I'm actually a bit surprised to learn that the show is popular elsewhere; I always thought the British regarded Ramsay as a hack. I remember reading a couple of months ago that he got so fed up with a heckling reporter that he punched him or something. I figured the show came to America for that reason.

I always thought the British regarded Ramsay as a hack.

The man has, like, 14 Michelin stars. Those things aren't like Grammys, earning them is hard. Bernard Loiseau killed himself when it was rumored he might lose one.

S' Truth

They may well regard him as a hack, but that's a poor move on their part.