Internet Faxing?

I just spent a few days in the hospital and was surprised to see a computer terminal in every room. A visit with my doctor two weeks later surprised me even more when he said he had access to all hospital info through any terminal in any examining room at his office. My prescriptions were also "written" on the computer, and given to me at checkout.

We have a fax in our office. I think I saw someone use it once or twice in the 9 months we have been there. Almost all documents are sent using email, and we have already been given the heads up that paperless is coming this winter sometime. I think paperless has something to do with our upcoming ISO recertification.

It's a bummer that you must upgrade to Vista Ultimate or Business to fax. Maybe that'll be different with 7. For my step-daughters college admittance forms I have scanned and emailed when acceptable.

This reminds me of my old workplace when they moved from some ancient system to SAP, yet, because the CRM for mail/phone/fax orders was separate from the system used by the stores and delivery centres, any interaction beyond us receiving orders on our printer and processing them after they were boxed and ready to go required, you guessed it, sending a fax to the call centre. Because of audit rules, all these faxes for things such as unavailable products for orders and customer issues had to be saved. We just tossed them all in a gigantic box.