Florida Beer Meet, March 6-7th.

NightWoundsTime

Ok so it looks like this thing is a go! No planned gear meet this time, just going to hang out and drink a bit.

The breakdown: Saturday is the very public event in Ybor, and will probably run something like 2 - 6 PM. Florida breweries are featured but some outside breweries will definitely be represented.

Sunday at Skipper's Smokehouse is more private as it's where the competition between Florida breweries is decided. We also should have time in the morning for a trip to the Temple for a light brunch.

Ticket prices haven't been announced yet but figure $25 for each. I'll need to know soon how many tickets to buy for each event, especially the Skipper's deal as it sells out fast. Non-drinkers shouldn't need tickets to either day but I'll make sure of that soon.

Suggested hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn Ybor, where we've stayed before. That will allow us to stumble back drunk from the Ybor event safely. We might want to consider a van for Sunday depending on how many are staying, and I can find another DD if Vicki and Alex would rather relax.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided to forget about Asspona on Saturday 3/6 and Sunday 3/7 and will join you guys for beer instead. There's a half-day on Friday anyway I can use to check out a handful of speakers. Cya guys there. :dan:

Caveat: won't be able to join in the Skipper's Smokehouse event, going to have to drive back up to JAX on Sunday morning to catch an afternoon flight.

I've decided to forget about Asspona on Saturday 3/6 and Sunday 3/7 and will join you guys for beer instead. There's a half-day on Friday anyway I can use to check out a handful of speakers. Cya guys there. :dan:

Caveat: won't be able to join in the Skipper's Smokehouse event, going to have to drive back up to JAX on Sunday morning to catch an afternoon flight.

Hey, that's cool. Looks like I'll be able to make it as well.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the food options like around the Beerfest area? I'd probably be there around lunchtime and ideally would like something both cheap (under $10 if possible, but no more than $15), fast, and local to that area. I'm also thinking I might not spend all night with you guys and might head back up to Jacksonville earlier (the timing might not work so well if I drive back up on Sunday) so ideally I'd want to eat something along with the beer. :)

Oh and PM me your cell number Matt, so I can call when I get there.

What are the food options like around the Beerfest area? I'd probably be there around lunchtime and ideally would like something both cheap (under $10 if possible, but no more than $15), fast, and local to that area. I'm also thinking I might not spend all night with you guys and might head back up to Jacksonville earlier (the timing might not work so well if I drive back up on Sunday) so ideally I'd want to eat something along with the beer. :)

Oh and PM me your cell number Matt, so I can call when I get there.

You're in for a treat with those Alaskan Tacos! Now I'm really wishing I could be there!!!

For some reason, I always think "Alaskan Tacos" sounds nasty, like it's a code for something sexual. :P The actual Alaskan tacos are quite tasty and I think I went there 3 times when I was at the Tampa meet. nom nom nom

If it were sexual, it'd definitely be nasty.

• 2 weeks later...

The Ybor event runs from 2-6PM on Saturday. Looks like everyone is coming in on Saturday morning/early afternoon so we'll grab lunch in Ybor beforehand and get the pumps primed. Then more food and some live music, but I'm expecting a bit of an early end to the evening.

I have secured 4 tickets for Sunday @ Skipper's, which looks to be enough. The event runs from 12-5 and will include its' own live music. Beforehand we can do some more pump priming with a required stop at the Temple.

Edited by NightWoundsTime