Audio-gd Sparrow

chuke

Going into the sources forum over there is pretty much like going into an Audio-GD's own sub forum.

I've only heard a Compass once and wasn't terribly impressed with it, another guy at work got a Sparrow awhile back but I haven't taken a chance to listen to it yet.

I had the ref7 from the loaner program for a while. Comparing it to the DACMagic, it was better in terms of dynamics and ability to maintain separation in complex passages. Was not as good as the ULN-2 at anything. These are just my impressions but to me the sound was not impressive. The size (especially depth) and weight was pretty damn impressive.

Edited by morphsci

Maybe you can get your hands on a Ref7 and do a test, wasn't there a loaner program? I would imagine you'll get a flurry of replies, including a few leaders of the pack who will lead the charge against your review. Best of luck on the endeavor!

Assuming I do an Audio-Gd review, I don't even plan on posting it on HF. I learned that lesson with my NuForce review.

I just think it would be interesting to see how their gear measures up. If it turns out it's crap, and word gets around, perhaps some of the more intelligent HF crowd will start looking elsewhere for their product information. And if it measures and does well in blind testing it might be a relative bargain. And I like a good bargain.

I had the ref7 from the loaner program for a while. Comparing it to the DACMagic, it was better in terms of dynamics and ability to maintain separation in complex passages. Was not as good as the ULN-2 at anything. These are just my impressions but to me the sound was not impressive. The size (especially depth) and weight was pretty damn impressive.

I also had the REF 7 on the loaner program. Wasn't too impressed at all. My ULN-2 and Modwright Transporter were superior.

• 1 month later...