Official Hockey Thread - 2010/2011 Edition

grawk

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday, the Hurricanes beat the Wild, The Flyers beat the Pens, and the Mapple Laffs beat the Habs.

Today, the hurricanes made it 2 in a row, in overtime this time. Next up, Caps vs the Thrashers. /me isn't wearing his baby blue thrashers jersey today :)

Yes, but let's talk about the important games. Wings vs Ducks is starting right now, and should be a great opener. Wings are officially the oldest team in the league, but hopefully healthy, and I'm curious to see Cam Fowler after all the draft hullabaloo. Saturday they're with the evil Blackhawks, which should also be a great game. I'm also paying more attention to the Panthers this year, and hoping to find a hockey partner to get to a few games. If they can't beat the Oilers on Sunday... :palm:

Caps got thoroughly defeated. Now maybe they'll take the rest of the season seriously. Tonight's the home opener against the devils.

Great way for the Thrashers to start the season! Hope it doesnt turn sour with the pavelek health thing, no word yet. I'm going to try and make at least half the home games this year, still think we need a big time scorer though.

Bruins loused it up in Prague.....they did not look at all together until parts of the third, but I'm still quite positive because of that stretch.

Nathan Horton on track for 164 goals this season :P

Man, I hope Savard gets healthy soon (for himself first of course, but for the Bruins as well).

I know there's not much love for the Leafs round these parts but I just have to say, they look like a completely different team this year. I guess that stands to reason considering the turnover from last years team. Hopefully they can keep up this kind of entertaining play because it's far more fun to watch than the crap they've been putting on the ice the past few years.

Habs stole the game from the Pens last night in the last few minutes, thanks to a BIG gift by Fleury. Strange deja vu feeling. :)

And I'm glad the Leafs are back on track, the fans deserve it after a (very long) walk through the desert.

It's funny, I think I'll be cheering for Montreal more this year again....as a Bruins' fan, that's nearly blasphemy! But they are just a fun team to watch. Hopefully Price will keep up the good work, and ignore the dumber of the fans and media.

As for the Leafs, I expected them to be better this year. Yes, the fans deserve it, they are some of the most hard-core (excuse me) in hockey. But, I'd still prefer if they tanled one more year; Bruins have their 1st round draft pick coming up :)

Tough loss against the Lightning last night, they came back from 0-2 and 2-3 to win the game 4-3 in overtime. I bet young PK Subban will think again next time before taking a penalty with 2 minutes to play in the 3rd and his team leading.

Solid performance by Carey Price though. Now he has to maintain that through the rest of the season and bring the Habs to conference finals if he wants to get the fans back on his side. >:D

Edited by GPH