Lame-Arse Tirekickers on Craigslist or eBay

Jon L

Perhaps I'm too trusting of the human kind. I had an ad on Craigslist for a camera, and this guy called and wanted to a trade with his lens plus cash on my part. He says he is coming from about about an hour and half away and wants me to meet him half-way at a Starbuck's. Sounded reasonable, so I agreed. Drove 45 min to this Starbuck's and sat on my ass for 15 min, 30 min, 45 min, and finally had to leave after an hour. Apparently the guy called me from some sort of internet phone/google voice, etc because the phone number rings and goes into a beep. Messages come back "invalid."

The e-mail address I got out of the guy comes back "Delivery failed."

Wow, there are actually people who have time to do this sort of thing to a random stranger?

Just a heads up though, most people use google voice lately on Craigslist, I'm probably going to start doing it myself.

I was wondering about that. From what I understood about google voice from those who have it, one can still send voicemail or message to that google voice phone number, no? This one just returns "invalid number" message back.