· · · — — — · · ·

blessingx

I've been avoiding returning to this thread because I caught a glimpse of Ric's new direction.

Now I want a vinyl rig, too.

Just think of the little fingers of mischief. It has worked for me so far. This last thread turn has been hard though because I love the Regas. Congrats Ric.

Maybe place one in each corner as support for a table? ;)

38 albums in the last two days, including several Blue Note 45rpm reissues someone sold without opening. :blink:

If it was the Blue Note reissues that got you interested in vinyl, just curious why you chose vinyl over their respective SACD, XRCD and soon to be coming (rumored) high res downloads? Plus the high res discs Classic Records released

Not finding fault in your logic at all, I prefer the vinyl myself but it is a pain in the ass.

Actually, no, though once considering vinyl I thought of the reissues I had relatively recently missed (and considered some of the other series coming).

Anyway I can't really answer your question about why except I think it's about process and interface. After a few weeks reading about DACs and possible upgrades and thinking of my network plans (have a hybrid Squeezebox and three Airport Expresses setup) and should I convert all my ALACs over to FLACs (as I've been encoding the last yearish and outside iTunes hassle-free tagging and no dupe files mysteriously created) or should I do the opposite in anticipation for iTunes Match? Or should I keep separate 'cause I have a horrible time focusing and splitting libraries helps (but a few other issues)? Then the CA Audio Show showed up and I saw some sexy gear and thought "you know walking over to a shelf and selecting what I want to hear wouldn't be so bad." At least at home.

We'll see which of the various hassles bothers me most. I appreciate the warning though. One of the reasons I went with a cheaper model is because I'm not completely convinced yet myself.

Edited by blessingx