Tyll's Beyerdynamic DT 1350 Review

HiWire

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes me wonder how the AT ES10s or ESW10JPNs measure in comparison. I've been pondering for a year or more getting a pair for travel, but while they are quite good, I've long suspected they would make me miss the detail of my other headphones. I would never have imagined that a pair of Beyers would be something I'd consider instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also looking for a pair of closed-portable cans and i'm considering this ones, can you share your first impressions?

So far have failed miserably at getting them, pre-ordered at Full Compass and I just got off the phone with them and said they "expect" them to be in Aug 31. This is after I waited a few weeks ><.

I cancelled so back to the drawing board.

I got a pair from B&H, and am sending them back for an exchange today. The right ear cup was defective and would "click" if I moved my head too quickly in any direction. No amount of adjusting the head band helped this. Re: SQ, that do sound very good but have a "metallic" noise about them that gets tiring after about two hours.

So far have failed miserably at getting them, pre-ordered at Full Compass and I just got off the phone with them and said they &quot;expect&quot; them to be in Aug 31. This is after I waited a few weeks &gt;&lt;.

I cancelled so back to the drawing board.

Too bad.

It's somehow incomprehensible why they're not make a stock of this, marketing strategy perhaps?

Or only for the professional market I dunno.

I can confirm that thomann.de has this in stock, grabbed a pair last week.

These are a bit tricky to get the right position on ears, but once you got the sweet spot, they're pretty good for a portable, straight from an iPod and presumably better with proper amplification.

I got a pair from B&amp;H, and am sending them back for an exchange today. The right ear cup was defective and would &quot;click&quot; if I moved my head too quickly in any direction. No amount of adjusting the head band helped this. Re: SQ, that do sound very good but have a &quot;metallic&quot; noise about them that gets tiring after about two hours.

Metallic noise or metallic SQ?

• 2 months later...

My first post, just to say that there's been a change in the construction of the later DT 1350s.

Here's a pic taken from the web (my first pair is like this) :

1350mod2.jpeg1350mod3.jpeg

My second pair is like this :

6271902961_939f6ab69c.jpg

the case is also slightly different (larger at the rounded edge). This is different beyond what manufacturing tolerances would suggest to clear that potential issue.

The sound is extremely close. There could be some placebo effect, but I feel the second pair may be a hair more "liquid". I found the first pair to have a slight paperish sound in the trebles, it seems to be less so with the second one. Sorry if I can't be clearer about that, it really seems to be a small difference.

I used the first pair as a DIY kind of experiment. I think the driver inside is very good, but maybe let down by the cup design. Just as a personal enjoyment, and with no prevention on my part, I'm just trying to understand Beyer's choices and try to change a little the sound signature for something I like a little more (not saying I can make it better of course, I don't have the knowledge to do so).

So you know, I could actually compare them side by side because there is a third pair in my surroundings - a friend's one - and it's the first version.

• 5 weeks later...