Everything posted by jpelg
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Nancy WIlson/Cannonball Adderley - on physical CD
-
RIP someone or another
Cassandra Wilson, Star Jazz Singer, Dies at 70 - The New York Times "New Moon Daughter" has been a favorite of mine forever: No cause listed yet. Although the article says "peacefully, surrounded by family". RIP.
-
What TV show are you watching now?
Just finished season 1 of Furious (Hulu) - very intense:
-
What TV show are you watching now?
Colin From Accounts: An Aussie-based comedy centered around two people who are brought together by a car accident & an injured dog who they agree to care for. Occasionally annoying, but overall funny, and an easy watch. Good palate-cleanse in between other more intense shows.
-
What TV show are you watching now?
-
What TV show are you watching now?
The Outlaws (Prime) - fun watch. We're through the first two seasons, looking forward the third.
-
RIP someone or another
Condolences Todd.
-
What TV show are you watching now?
Do I need to finish "For All Mankind" before watching this? I sorta lost interest in "FAM", despite the subject matter & era being generally up my alley.
-
Post what you're watching
^probably about the same for Wimbledon too.🎾
-
What TV show are you watching now?
^have all season 5 episodes dropped?
-
What TV show are you watching now?
Legends (2026) - 1990's British customs agents enlisted for Thatcher's war on drugs. Quite good & engaging.
-
What TV show are you watching now?
Spider Noir (Amazon Prime) - enjoyed this alternate take on the Spiderman genre alot.
- Happy Birthday robm321!
-
What TV show are you watching now?
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
^This!
-
Deals
Grell OAE1 headphone on Woot for $39.99 Cheap enough for modding & experimentation, no?
-
What TV show are you watching now?
Peaky Blinders (Netflix) - I know I am so late (like, ten years late!) to this party, but here we are finally. Binged thru the first two seasons, & started series #3. Not perfect, but lots of "fun" (usually in a dark-ish way). Dang, life was harsh not so long ago.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Thelma Houston & Pressure Cooker - I've Got the Music in Me (Sheffield Labs recording on CD) - Picked up at a local Goodwill on a whim based on the label. I was not familiar with the Sheffield Lab era but was intrigued by the cover, so I grabbed it. Have I found my newest obsession?
-
Happy Birthday Al (Voltron)!
Happy Birthday Al!
- Happy Birthday Nate!
-
Happy 70th Craig Sawyers!
Happy birthday!
- Happy Birthday Naaman!
- Happy Birthday Dan!
- Happy Birthday Steve!
-
What TV show are you watching now?
Broadchurch (Seasons 2 & 3) - Back in 2013, we watched season 1. While excellent, it was very intense, centering on the death of an 11 y/o boy in a tight-knit English coastal town. So much so, that when series 2 aired, we opted to not continue watching. In the last weeks, we circled back to binge thru season 2 & 3 in succession. These were just as intense as the first and reminded me how much I love Olivia Coleman's work. Definitely not for the faint-of-heart, or a casual watch. But these were the blueprint for many similarly-themed series over the last decade.