Peachtree Audio Grand Integrated

teufelshunde

Anyone get a chance to listen to the Peachtree Grand pieces at RMAF (or elsewhere)?

I'm looking for a dac/amp that'll do 24/192 over USB and this appears to be a contender.

The design intrigues me because it permits user selectable signal routing via tubes or SS.

I'm open to other hardware suggestions for a solution to 24/192 over USB.

Trying to hold the line at $5K USD

Peachtree Grand Integrated

High resolution DAC ESS Sabre32 9018 - supports 24/192 asynchronous USB input

Hybrid tube preamplifier - uses two 12AU7s

High efficiency amplifier - 400 wpc stereo

Galvanic Isolation

State of the art headphone amp - signal is run through the tube stage [no mW specs listed]

A tube bypass button allows for solid state or hybrid tube listening modes

014e1a03.jpg

Details here: --> http://signalpathint.com/index.php/Grand-Integrated/grand-integrated.html

Well I am talking out of my ass here, because I've not heard this amp or the one I'm recommending. However, for this kind of monetary layout I'd have to give some consideration to some more established names. The NAD M2 comes to mind. It has garnered stellar reviews. Above your price ceiling, but possibly well worth the extra greenbacks.

http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/nad_m2_direct_digital_integrated_amplifier/index.html

Edited by swt61

I heard it twice at RMAF with some of the upper end Sonus Faber speakers. (maybe Elipsa) Judged on those two listening sessions. I thought the room was one of the very lower systems I heard the entire weekend.

Like swt61 said, the NAD M2 would be one of my choices. I have heard it with Maggies, Totem, Vandersteens, and Rega speakers and the sound was always good to very good.

Steve, I have to agree that the NAD M2 is gorgeous;

but it doesn't accept USB so I'd be in another $1400 to $1800 for something NAD worthy like an Empirical Off Ramp-4 or a Berkeley Audio Alpha USB to drive the AES/EBU on the M2.

That's pushin' the $7500 envelope - I could almost buy into a decent pair of Stax for that money (OK, now I'm just pandering).

Anything else with native USB input that would be a fit close to the $5K price point?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...