Woo Audio WA6 Tube amplifier.

Labbetuss

Hi everybody at Head-Case forum! It's a pleasure to finally join you as well. :-)

Lately I've been checking out the Woo Audio WA6 tube amplifier. Does anyone here have any experience with this product and care to share some impressions/experiences?

How does it sound and compete with other amplifiers?

Does it sound very tube-like, for example very colored and veiled?

Is the tube-upgrades worth the money, both rectifier- and drivertubes?

Does anyone have any experience in tube rolling? I really like the properties of transistoramps, and I currently have two, but I really want to try out a quality tubeamp. Which tubes would you recommend to achieve a sound signature that has many of the properties of a transistoramp (in regard to WA6)?

Looking forward to hear from you users!

post-3748-0-00682400-1333911286_thumb.jp

Sorry for that bad formulated question.... When I read it now it's actually quite stupid. :(

The reason that I asked it was that more or less every tube-/hybridamp I've tried earlier had a relatively veiled, colored signature with less dynamics and detail. Thats part of the charm with tubes as far as I have read, especially when it comes to cheaper tube-equipment, but do more expensive tube-amps have better qualities? Can they sound good, and deliver some of the goods that come with transistoramps?

I'm searching to try a tube amplifier that has great detail and dynamics, big soundstage and overall great build quality. Is the WA6 a product that makes you want to listen to music, and provide you with a good experience?

Head-fi

Read your welcome message.

I just saw it, and read it. I'm sorry if the question is unfavourable for the forum. Though, Head-Fi is a relatively bad place to get relatively objective and honest reviews of products. I therefore asked here in hope of getting a more experienced and honest answer.

more or less every tube-/hybridamp I've tried earlier had a relatively veiled, colored signature with less dynamics and detail. Thats part of the charm with tubes as far as I have read

That does not sound very charming to me.

Though, Head-Fi is a relatively bad place to get relatively objective and honest reviews of products.

Try Innerfidelity

I just saw it, and read it. I'm sorry if the question is unfavourable for the forum. Though, Head-Fi is a relatively bad place to get relatively objective and honest reviews of products. I therefore asked here in hope of getting a more experienced and honest answer.

You seem to be doing just fine on HF, why do you think coming here will give you better answers?