Cavalli vs EC

Same! Bhse if stax, l2 if hd800, though I haven't heard the dsha with the hd800 and suspect that might be a good pairing too. If this is for a jh13/16 rig, not sure. Are there any other headphone choices?

K1000 bitch! :P

Headamp: best build quality, parts cost to price ratio very good, wait times very long

EC: iffy build quality on some units, parts cost to price ratio very good, decent wait times.  I kinda look at Craig a bit different from the rest of the amp makers...he seems to be more about building new designs and moving on to the next, not really in it solely for business.

Cavalli: build quality improving (newer stuff looks much nicer), wait times decent, parts cost to price ratio seems to be quite bad.  I thought the LF and LL were overpriced based on what's inside...the LAu takes it to another level, almost a joke to me.  People say that it costs more to build than it may seem, but that applies to all of these guys and I'm comparing ratios so I'm taking the other guys into account as well.  Fact of the matter is that all of them are using custom parts, custom milling, engraving, etc.

All three seem to be really nice guys in person and I hope they all do well.  None of them make any amps I'd consider bad...I've liked all the HeadAmp and EC amps I've ever heard, and Alex's stuff sounded 'ok' to 'good' to me.

semi related, i thought this post was odd: post #199

the GS-X mk2 (with pot) is 43.3% the price of the Lau.  i don't get the comparison. 

Edited by justin

does that mean i can double the price?

LoL...sure. It will only help the resale value of mine.

My money is on the GS-X mopping the floor with the LAu. The LF was a major disappointment and cost $3250...and several developed unexplainable hums (kinda like the Liquid Glass come to think of it).

thanks for all the responses. he have a wa-2 and hd800/lcd-2 and looking to get a th900 with the amp upgrade. forgot the ecp and his sale, will suggest him. thanks again. will point show him this thread and let him decide......too bad he's no fan of stats. consider myself a failure not to able to lure him to the other side