Indy restaurant recommendations

Aimless1

Straight north on Delaware for 7 or 8 blocks and you'll hit the end of the Mass Ave neighborhood which is where most of the more interesting/independent stuff will be. I have not walked around the area in a few years, so I am not sure what is there anymore. In closer proximity will be more tourist-y and steak-y type places. I think people used to like St Elmos -- a friend's brother used to play saxophone there, which is all I know about it. Ambiance is nice.

At the Alexander by chance?...No matter...There are plenty of places on the streets I mentioned but a lot of the good ones are pretty far up or down & you may not want to venture that far on foot...

I'd just go to Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse in the Zipper building...You pay $50 per person & they just keep bringing you meat...

Omni Severin connects to Circle Centre Mall & the Convention Center which is kinda nice...There aren't any good rib places downtown any more...Weber Grill might do an ok job, but I enjoy having meat being brought to me & being able to devour it or send it away...

City Barbecue is a quick cab ride away...

Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse & St Elmo Steakhouse both look great.  Fogo de Chão has better reviews and St Elmo is closer to the Omni Severin.  Both local and not a chain.  Also looking at Harry & Izzy's and the Oceanaire Seafood Room.  Harry & Izzy's is apparently an offshoot of St Elmo.  Need a seafood restaurant just in case that is my daughter's  craving Saturday night.  No doubt reservations are recommended.

BTW, my daughter is the first one on either side of the family that has had cravings during pregnancy..  It's literally crazy and unpredictable.  At least the steak houses have a broad menu so I should be safe ... I hope.

But they BRING YOU MEAT...good salad bar too...

If you only ever go to one place in Indy, sure, go to St. Elmo...It's the only one anybody'll ask you about...the Parks & Rec crew films there for their Indy scenes...It's over 100 years old...

Harry & Izzy's is just a more casual version...You won't get the full treatment, but the famous shrimp cocktail is the same & it's easier to get reservations...I'm right next to the Omni as I'm thumbing this...Let me know if you want me to do any recon:)...