Mini group buy of KGSSHV PCB boards

mwl168

Quick update; I received e-mail from SeeedStudio early this morning inform me that the PCBs have been shipped. The shipping tracking number does not work yet.

Based on my experience last time the PCBs will arrive at US Custom first, once they clear custom, I will be able o track them.

Stay tuned.

Great news. The PCB boards arrived today. They look great. The picture below are the actual boards.

I'll PM each of the GB participants with the remaining amount in the coming days and soon as I receive your PayPal payment I'll mail the boards out to you. This process will take a little longer for those overseas participants because I'll need to bring the actual package to the post office for them to determine the shipping cost. 

Please PM me if you have special request (shipping address change, custom declaration, etc.).

Edit: actual board size: 

kgsshvampv16mini (amp): 182mm x 86mm 

kgsshvpsminifinalstn9360 (PSU): 176mm x 167mm

Best!

post-4147-0-64156200-1425945086_thumb.jp

Edited by mwl168

More good news - I counted the boards and SeeedStudio actually sent me one additional set. 

I debated what to do with this extra set and here is my thinking right now:

I'll keep the extra set as spare for now in case there are problems during the shipping to you all. When and if everyone receives their boards fine I'll then decide what to do with the extra set ( keep them or sell them). To make things easier and be fair to the GB participants, I'll deduct $1 USD from each set.

Please let me know if you, the GB participants, feel this is a reasonable compromise between risk and benefit.    

The PCBs look great. 8)

From my point of view you should calculate with the original price. In case we really need the spares there will be no $ left over. In case we don't need the spares take the set as a bonus for your efforts.

Hi all:

Please direct your attention to a topic over at the KGSSHV main thread related to the PSU (kgsshvpsminifinalstn9360) used in this GB. Spritzer has found out this past weekend the layout software used for the PCB may have some issues. I am looking for more details and advice from Spritzer.

If anyone has built this version of PSU or know someone that has done so. Please share your experience.

Thanks!

16690903859_0599631baa_o.png16254665614_a7a26ff7c0_o.png

Managed to get some time on my layout...
It will be sans volume pot, using Conrad heatsinks, overall dimensions are 337mmW x 260mmD X 151.5mm H.
The transformer will sit under the psu, taking avantage of the 151.5mm height.
I plain to get the brackets fabed somewhere, I’ve seen a few online shops, it should be fairly straightforward.
If anyone knows a good place I’d love to know!
  • Like 2

I'd be interested in some brackets too if you manage to get a source who can do it.

Conrad heatsinks are not responding to any of my inquiries.

Will do!

So far my search tells me anything custom fab is going to be waaaay too pricey being a one off small run, I may have to buckle and cut and tap myself.

And yeah Julian at Conrad is notoriously bad at responding, especially if custom work is involved.

On the other hand HeatsinkUSA have a cut to size length and tapping service, there’s a nice 10" profile that would suit this amp nicely.

http://www.heatsinkusa.com/10-000/

• 2 weeks later...

I tested my kgsshvpsminifinalstn9360 build today and it appears to be running fine. Please see my post on the kgsshv main thread.

Please also share your experience if you have completed building the kgsshvpsminifinalstn9360 and/or kgsshvampv16 mini!

Thanks!