Leaving the amp on 24/7 Is it ok?

6 hours ago, DefQon said:

It seems you follow me around with great interest, I applaud your attention to detail but first of all so you're saying everything I have posted thus on Stax headphones that I have opened up, even most things that have been mentioned and proven by Birgir and Kevin Gilmore before, various diy with the actual thing in front of me has been garbage so far? I suggest you take the time to trawl through the threads that I have posted in before and open your eyes and read what most of my 700ish posts have been on so far. If it contained any garbage so you have suggested Birgir or any of the other knowledgeable diy'ers here would've called it out and I would've been given a warning from Dan to re-read the welcome message many times over again and again.

I don't care about modding Stax headphones, so I wouldn't have seen any good content you posted there.  If I followed you with great interest I would surely have noticed all your life-changing posts by now, though.  

I propose a simple test.  We will measure your output here against the standard you set, as quoted above.  If you were posting garbage, Dan would ask you to read the welcome PM, right?  

On 8/12/2013 at 3:28 PM, grawk said:

seriously defqon, this isn't head-fi stop bumping shit just to boost your post count. reread the welcome message

You asked me to go dig through your old threads, so I did it, and I remembered why I knew your name.  

Look at the date that was about the time when i first joined and no long after less then 50 posts at the time which I commented in (if memory serves me right) namaanf b22 for sale thread. Stop digging up old shit just because you assume I`ve been spamming hc with garbage the whole time. If i did I would been banned long time ago.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, grawk said:

Seriously stop fighting and start reading. Sherwood is not mocking you because of your old posts, but because of your current posts.

And because you are being a douchebag cunt. (Somebody had to say it, the exchange was way to PC for HC)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2016 at 11:06 PM, astrostar59 said:

Hi All

Anyone heard this commercial KGBH? Looks nice but no idea how good it is built.

http://www.fluxlab-acoustics.com/Products/18

These guys are all the talk on our Russian local forum. I once considered buying their amp, but bought KGSSHV from Birgir instead. I never talked to the Flux guys themselves, as they presumably don't post on forums, but there are people who do all the apologetics for them. These Flux apologists are quite pretentious for someones who never stick their nose outside the local forum, as they often insinuate that Flux understand Kevin's stuff better than anyone here for one thing, and take the liberty to guess what's really on his mind, stuff he allegedly doesn't say outright, but that could be read between lines. I told them that if Flux are so confident in their knowledge and production standards, they should turn to international community, but they are apparently happy with what little they have from the local market as most Russian and Ukrainian manufacturers are. Can't really say anything good or bad about their stuff, but won't buy anything from them with their current stance. Chances are none of their amps will ever be compared side by side with Justin's or Birgir's.

On 4/19/2016 at 3:22 AM, justin said:

Someone who paid 5k for a BHSE 5 years ago could turn around today and sell it for 5-6k. 

That will not be the case for this amp.

That's the probably the most important thing. Even on Russian local forum, where Flux are well known, it's hard to sell their stuff without major discount as their stuff is quite expensive for the half-dead local market and their sales representative usually have one or two new units ready for shipment.

On 4/19/2016 at 3:22 AM, justin said:

In case of repairs it would also be sent to Russia which from my experience, about 20% of packages never make it to delivery - a major reason why I stopped shipping the jacks directly to Russia

Flux Lab Acoustics are actually located in Ukraine, not in Russia. They do have a sales representative in Moscow and their stuff could be bought there, but in case of repairs shipping to and from Ukraine would be required.