Headamp Pico DAC/Amp power requirements?

I misplaced my charger, and I don't remember what I can change and what I can't.  The DAC/Amp says 12V DC and shows the polarity.   That means 12V, right?  I can't use a 15V charger on it?  I can use higher amperage, but the voltage has to be correct, right?  'cause the charger I thought I had for it says 15V, but the connector is correct and the polarity is correct.  But it could well be for something else, like an external hard drive.

The charger is 12V and 1A output. I'm not sure if the output polarity is + in the center ring and - the shield, it's not displayed in the description, but I can check if you need it.

I purchased one of these units in Amazon that have variable output voltage, up to 1.5A and allow for reversing polarity, so it works with a guitar pedal that has 9V and the polarity is inverted with the - in the center ring. The ones I've checked at Amazon US wouldn't allow reversing polarity.

6 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

I misplaced my charger, and I don't remember what I can change and what I can't.  The DAC/Amp says 12V DC and shows the polarity.   That means 12V, right?  I can't use a 15V charger on it?  I can use higher amperage, but the voltage has to be correct, right?  'cause the charger I thought I had for it says 15V, but the connector is correct and the polarity is correct.  But it could well be for something else, like an external hard drive.

the Pico charging PCB actually has a LM2937-10 regulator at the input, regulating down to 10VDC. it has a max input of 26V. Not that i would recommend this as it would get pretty hot

15v is probably fine as long as the polarity is correct which it most likely is

Do not try this off of head-case

Edited by justin
  • Like 1