100 Jewel Cases from Bags Unlimited

100 Jewel Case Inserts from Bags Unlimited

SACD:

Chick Corea & Friends - Rendezvous in New York

T. Monk and Coltrane

Books:

Awareness by Anthony De Mello, S.J.

The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola, Mullan translation

also considering picking up the Evans riverside sacds...

vpradenhps5.jpg

Namiki/Pilot Vanishing Point/Capless in Raden Finish with Rhodium Trim

chips of shiny abalone embedded in black laquer. :o i'm selling all my VPs to get this one.

Nice! I've been wanting to get my hands on a Vanishing Point, but haven't gotten around to it. I may have to now that you've reminded me of the pen!

The VP is one of my favorite all around pens. The key as to whether or not you will like it is in the grip. Since the clip is on the top of the pen, you have to grip it with a proper "tripod" grip, meaning the pen resting on the middle finger while the pointer and thumb grip loosely from either side. If you use a "control" grip, meaning the pen resting on the ring finger while the rest of the fingers grip in a big tight stressed out cluster, the VP will cause you trouble.

Actually, I was a control gripper before I got the VP, but I thought it was so cool that I spent weeks teaching myself to write with a proper tripod grip. Now I write with all my pens that way. :)

Awesome. Here I was thinking, "what the hell is the difference between a control grip and a tripod grip?", and now I'm just laughing too hard to care.

Do those things come in ballpoint or gel ballpoints? 's'pretty pen.

reks with your grip you will be fine with any pen. i worry that you may use too much pressure for a fountain pen though. :(

dusty, the VP is strictly fountain. its whole selling point is that it is the only retractable fountain pen on the market. its a brilliant design, actually won a few awards at some international engineering something or other conference. the raden finish/abalone shells are used in lots of other pens though. its a japanese technique though, and to be honest with you the japanese love their fine writing instruments to be FPs.

dusty, the VP is strictly fountain. its whole selling point is that it is the only retractable fountain pen on the market.
Oh, okay, I know what you're talking about now -- Hirsch showed me his recently. Very cool.

Yeah, the abalone shell is cool, but you reminded me of something else...I think I'll get myself an all-black pen -- probably a Rotring.

Oh, okay, I know what you're talking about now -- Hirsch showed me his recently. Very cool.

Yeah, the abalone shell is cool, but you reminded me of something else...I think I'll get myself an all-black pen -- probably a Rotring.

rotring makes GREAT pens. :) i used to have one, but it was two heavy and metal so I sold it. I need to get one of their lighter ones, maybe a 600.

Hirsch showed me his recently. Very cool.

Yeah, the abalone shell is cool, but you reminded me of something else...I think I'll get myself an all-black

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Talk about abridged, troublemaking editing...... hee, hee... :angel:

Dusty, for Pete's sake, to pick a pen model, you know you only have to visit Hirsch to get all the ideas you want, or maybe not....

Talk about abridged, troublemaking editing...... hee, hee... :angel:
Yeah, yeah, I know...watch it! :)
Dusty, for Pete's sake, to pick a pen model, you know you only have to visit Hirsch to get all the ideas you want, or maybe not....
He seems to deal almost exclusively in pens I don't want. We may have overlapping tastes in a lot of things -- headphone amps, music, movies. But for some reason, so far, it seems that our tastes in pens are really quite divergent. The fact that I have no interest in fountain pens probably doesn't help. But I'm also pretty sure he doesn't have any all-black ones.