Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I've wanted one of those for a while, but I would need to build a balanced switchbox as my amp only has on set of XLR inputs.

I went down to the local TO shop that sells concert tickets as well as some nice music. Picked up two tickets for Ulrich Schnauss as well as his new album and an old Red Snapper album [$5 used]. :)

I really do wish VGA cables were standard for gaming consoles. I love my 360 for that reason. I play it on a 21 inch LCD monitor and it looks almost as good as a 720p TV. The fact that my 360 doesn't support 1440x900 makes it look a little off and have jaggies at times where there shouldn't be but it never bothers me during game play.

I bought Bioshock yesterday and have been wasting last night and this afternoon playing it. It's very well polished and pretty fun. A good plot with only 1 cut scene so far. I really do hate cut scenes in adventure and action games. When ever I play a zelda game after a few hours I start to through my hands up in despair after about the 1000th unesessary cut scene.

I've wanted one of those for a while, but I would need to build a balanced switchbox as my amp only has on set of XLR inputs.

Speaking of which...now that I have this thing, I'm thinking about getting a balanced amp sometime...crap someone stop me

some dimarzio m-paths, and a slew of MFSL cds and SACDs (mccoy tyner, coleman hawkins, megadeth, zappa, allman bros., little feat). also two bill evans sacds.

if I keep buying music like this I'll never get a new source. ;D

Music > gears. Don't let them tell you otherwise man.

Never heard electrostats before...I kinda hope they're not that great...If they are, then the 007 system and its $3700 receipt will soon be mine!

I would avoid getting the SRM-717 or SRM-007t amp and go straight for a Headamp KGSS.

In fact it will cost you less, since you can get the Omega 2 (headphone alone) from ElusiveDisc.com for $1800 and still have a USA warranty.

I would avoid getting the SRM-717 or SRM-007t amp and go straight for a Headamp KGSS.

In fact it will cost you less, since you can get the Omega 2 (headphone alone) from ElusiveDisc.com for $1800 and still have a USA warranty.

ed says $1999. still $3500 total with the KGSS.

Well in that case if you don't care about a USA warranty they're around $1550 on pricejapan.com.

I might be one of the few people here that thinks highly of the Omega 2 since I don't hear it mentioned much here.

but you can't get them in black in japan! the color is not available!

http://www.pricejapan.com/front/e_good_info.php?code=42&category=10 :mikey2:

I've never heard the 007, in fact I've never heard a proper electrostat. The closest I've heard to a stat is a K340. I like the K340 though. If the stat is handling the highs, I like the way it does them.

just get some nice speakers.

Amen to that, a pair of Revel Performa F52's are on their way as we speak...but there are times (most of the time actually) when the old lady fornids me from doing the speaker thing...hence the pursuit of perfection in cans.

Well in that case if you don't care about a USA warranty they're around $1550 on pricejapan.com.

I might be one of the few people here that thinks highly of the Omega 2 since I don't hear it mentioned much here.

I actually, I really liked them. It's just that my stat setup turned into my vinyl setup.

Hah, going back up the chain I see. :D

God I hope not. I've always been a minimalist, so I think, considering how I feel about the 0404 usb right now, that I'm probably done with my system. It sounds quite good for how much I paid for it, and since it's been so long since I've had any other amp than the Hornet, the things that bugged me about the Hornet seem even bigger. Yeah...I think I'll stop here.