Watches

Dusty Chalk

I guarantee you that this watch won't be available in the latter part of 2018, but I think you should go for one!  They are limited, but not THAT limited, if you are willing to spend the money.  If you would be saving to buy a GRUT, just wait until a Tribute comes up.  Three months for the service is no big deal at all, and cheers for buying your brother a watch!

I'll have to take the chance of that Tribute not being available at the latter part of 2018, although I could get one in May next year and let my brother used it, then get him that Reverso Ultra thin at the back end of 2018.

Yeah that's probably a bad idea, the other thing I could do is hold back with the windows and door for that new building, which would allow me to get that Tribute in November/December this year.

With me having that Master Ultra thin, I'm not desperate for that Tribute, but it's a watch I'd definitely like to have.

7 minutes ago, Dave R said:

Yeah that's probably a bad idea, the other thing I could do is hold back with the windows and door for that new building, which would allow me to get that Tribute in November/December this year.

I'd never be the person to tell you to make a practical decision, if said decision meant you couldn't buy a watch. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EdipisReks1 said:

I'd never be the person to tell you to make a practical decision, if said decision meant you couldn't buy a watch. 

After giving it some thought, I've decided I'm getting that building completed, then get my brother that Reverso Ultra thin, and take the chance of that Tribute still being available.

Now if I hadn't been so stupid getting that Esoteric K-01, in which I lost a lot of money selling it, I'd have had the money to buy both Reversos, have the building done, and still had some spare.

• Like 2

Some photos of what to me is one of the best looking watches, the JLC Jubilee 1833, and with a case thickness of 4.05mm must be one of the thinnest in the world.

IMG_2398.thumb.PNG.7dc4652dcdb1dde2d0de6945124ea07c.PNGIMG_2399.thumb.PNG.4cf65dc57076a0a387f335f987500683.PNGIMG_2397.thumb.PNG.390f0aa6a3520810683f3444527b8184.PNGIMG_2395.thumb.PNG.9c90baa308c6ad6b5a2208f59074ee55.PNG

Edited by Dave R
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, EdipisReks1 said:

It does have that tendency...

I made the mistake of looking into the sun...

I was looking at one as a possibility for the wifey's anniversary gift and saw the 41mm stainless with black Grande Tapisserie face in the pictures I was looking through.  Ugh.

HS

purdy.png

Edited by HemiSam

Just now, EdipisReks1 said:

Bingo.

Gotcha.  It's a good looking watch.  I don't mind a bit more thickness in a sports watch as long as it's not crazy.  I'd have to drive each of them to give you a hard time about one vs the other.  If I did that I suspect I'd be quite a bit poorer...

:D

HS

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

Gotcha.  It's a good looking watch.  I don't mind a bit more thickness in a sports watch as long as it's not crazy.  I'd have to drive each of them to give you a hard time about one vs the other.  If I did that I suspect I'd be quite a bit poorer...

:D

HS

One has a blue dial and only two hands, and the other has neither of those attributes.  Case dismissed.

• Like 1

Getting a Tribute though will probably be at the latter part of next year because first a building on the gable end of my bungalow needs to be completed, and second my youngest brother lost his job sometime ago and can't get work anywhere, and he always wanted a Reverso Ultra thin, so I've decided I'm going to buy him a 2788520, which will be in May next year.

I would suggest PMing HeadphoneAddict and working out the details on how to handle this situation.
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

The Speedy's are just plain sexxxxxy.  I've been threatening to get one with a leather band for dog's years.  

Surgeon General's Warning:  this thread may be hazardous to your bank account...

HS

The Omega leather straps are very nice.  When I bought this NATO, I really had to convince myself to spend the money (I paid $192 with tax and shipping, MSRP is $280, which sounds crazy for a NATO strap, right?).  I couldn't be more pleased.  It's at least 10 times better than the NATO straps I own that cost 1/10th as much.