Got the Quad 12Ls today

humanflyz

With postjack's acquisition of Tkam's Quad 22Ls, it certainly looks like Quad is the FOTM lol.

I got my Quad 12L active monitors today, and I am very pleased with the purchase, considering that I got it at half the MSRP.

I find them to be very detailed and resolving, which shouldn't be surprising given that they are designed for studio mixing, but they are definitely not harsh. If anything, they have more of a treble roll-off than either my L3000s and K1000s.

The midrange is smoooth though, and very pleasing to the ear, and bass has decent impact but is a bit sloppy right now because I'm still using the cardboxes they came with as temporary stands. When my stands come next week, I expect a decent improvement in that department. They obviously don't hit as hard or as low as the L3000s, but nothing to complain about.

That's the thing about these speakers: they are very easy on the ears and have no glaring problems, and the piano black laquer finish looks pretty amazing at this price. Overall I'm very impressed.

With postjack's acquisition of Tkam's Quad 22Ls, it certainly looks like Quad is the FOTM lol.

I got my Quad 12L active monitors today, and I am very pleased with the purchase, considering that I got it at half the MSRP.

You mean getting Quads at half the MSRP is the FOTM. ;)

Nice impressions, I'm glad you enjoy them! If my impressions are like your I'll be a happy camper. Like I was saying in the other thread, I just want my first set of "audiophile" speakers to be unoffensive, meaning I don't want them to do anything glaringly wrong.

also, pix with cardboard box please.

• 4 months later...

Hi again everyone! A few small life crises since my last posting spree, hopefully I can post a bit more now. But what can I talk about now that I'm not in the US and HeadRoom don't send me stuff anymore? :'(

Bah, I've got nothing to talk about either but I still seem to churn out the posts at a near Reksian level. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Only issue is I'll be running some pretty long RCAs (actually two RCA cables joined together with radio shack female/female RCA connectors, making them several feet long)from the pre-outs. Eventually I'll have to just move my audio rack so it is closer to my desk, but its such a colossal pain in the ass it is to move an audio rack. :rant:

Only issue is I'll be running some pretty long RCAs (actually two RCA cables joined together with radio shack female/female RCA connectors, making them several feet long)from the pre-outs. Eventually I'll have to just move my audio rack so it is closer to my desk, but its such a colossal pain in the ass it is to move an audio rack. :rant:

Or you could ask someone to build you a long set of shielded RCAs to try and minimize the potential for noise. Just sayin'...