Question For Netflix Users That Order Both DVD's and HD Disks

Chekhonte

I have my account set up for queuing Blu-Ray disks if they're available. Sometimes I don't want it blu-ray but it selects it automatically. Is there a way to manually change a queued movie from blu-ray to DVD?

I don't want blu ray all the time because I just rip movies to my hard drive most of the time and throw them back in pill box so I get movies faster.

NO way. I'm not paying 450 dollars plus the cost of a blu ray ripping program plus the cost of a new hard drive just to fit the 20 GB movies on. I'm movie to Portland OR if a 6 months and need to save money.

Oh damn the Head-Case "dew eat" has been thrown down, followed by an ex tew from our future transplant surgeon and you've backed down!!

<insert ban him macro>

So I guess that there is no way to select what type of disk you want manually?

Probably not, since if you weren't pirating the material you'd want the best version available, right? It would seem the logical thing to do would be to chose to go back to all DVD and see if you can occasionally spec the Blu-Ray version if that's what you want.

Probably not, since if you weren't pirating the material you'd want the best version available, right? It would seem the logical thing to do would be to chose to go back to all DVD and see if you can occasionally spec the Blu-Ray version if that's what you want.

I think there'd be other reasons besides piracy. Lets say you have two set ups in your house, one for you kids and one for yourself. The one for your kids only plays DVDs etc.

You're probably right. I don't think there is a way to manually select they type of disks you want. I might just get a few movies on blu-ray just to see what it's like and then just go back to DVD permanently.

I have my account set up for queuing Blu-Ray disks if they're available. Sometimes I don't want it blu-ray but it selects it automatically. Is there a way to manually change a queued movie from blu-ray to DVD?

I don't want blu ray all the time because I just rip movies to my hard drive most of the time and throw them back in pill box so I get movies faster.

you can chose either, depends what category you grab from. BTW storage is cheap, and HD content is awesome. That's all i'm going to say ; ).

If you look in your queue, next to each title in one of the columns it shows format: DVD or Blu ray, you can change it right there if there is a a drop down arroww next to it

I see. I have around 12 blu-ray disks on my queue but none of them had a drop down arrow. It wasn't until I added 2001 that it gave me an option to change it. It's weird though. All the movies I have on blu-ray are out on DVD. I wonder why they don't have a drop down arrow.

you can chose either, depends what category you grab from. BTW storage is cheap, and HD content is awesome. That's all i'm going to say ; ).

Oh, you guys. :P

Damn it! I lied about getting a blu ray disk this week. For some reason netfix won't ship them too me. I have planet earth at the top of my queue. It's been there for a week now and it's availability is "now" but they just skip right over it. Well whatever at least I have 2 disks of deadwood coming my way!

Damn it! I lied about getting a blu ray disk this week. For some reason netfix won't ship them too me. I have planet earth at the top of my queue. It's been there for a week now and it's availability is "now" but they just skip right over it. Well whatever at least I have 2 disks of deadwood coming my way!

That happened to me with NYPD Blue a couple weeks back! All of Season 3 was queued up and available "now" but they skipped right over all of it and sent me 7th disc in my queue. ???