Vaporware no more?

boomana

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are good visits to the taxidermist?

Yes. Once being dead's a done deal, a good taxidermist doesn't make it look like the poor critter is still being killed.

I used to go to this restaurant in the upper peninsula of Michigan. Every inch of this place was filled with bears, fish, bobcats, deer, two-headed calves, etc. I'm not a big fan of looking at dead animals while I eat (I'm a vegan), but I had to admire the workmanship.

Thanks. It looks amazing, but it also looks like I might have to wait some more. Duncan posted today that he needed to put together an updated list of buyers' info (I imagine address changes over the years) and would send it to Larry on Saturday, which means, to my mind, that amps won't be shipping 'til at least next week, if then. If he knew two weeks ago, or last week for sure, that the amps would be ready, why the heck didn't he have that list done and sent already? Just one more stupid delay. I hoped to have it in time for the FL meet on the 27th, and even hoped to have a few hours on it by then. Silly me. >:(

autobotsohsnapbt6.jpg

I want to win all the internets! No, not really. I did win a laser pointed that was shaped like a Dolphin at the Teacher Appreciation Day luncheon last year. It made noises like a dolphin when you opened its mouth and you could turn a wheel to get shapes like a star, an ant, and an octopus. Very cool.

it's just one thing after another with them.

Yep, and this one seems soooo unnecessary. It's just mean to post photos, say that you have yours, and then say everyone else must wait another week or more until you have time to tidy up a list of changes. If I were in his shoes, I would have pulled an all-nighter just to get that list out last week if that's what needed to be done. Bah.

something tells me that you are easily amused ;)

Easily and highly.

I can't believe that he's come up with yet another reason to delay things. I'd be going bat-shit crazy on his forum if it were me, of course then he'd probably "lose" your shipping information for a couple more weeks. I really hope you get your amp Vicky and if you do I hope you (and everyone else) rip Duncan a new asshole for the way this whole thing has been handled.

I want to win all the internets! No, not really. I did win a laser pointed that was shaped like a Dolphin at the Teacher Appreciation Day luncheon last year. It made noises like a dolphin when you opened its mouth and you could turn a wheel to get shapes like a star, an ant, and an octopus. Very cool.

Please bring that to the SO FLA meet.

First of all, it sounds like stalling tactics.

I hoped to have it in time for the FL meet on the 27th, and even hoped to have a few hours on it by then. Silly me. >:(
Secondly, on the off chance that they're not stalling, but rather just dragging their feet, you may want to mention this to them. I'm sure if they're even remotely interested in good PR, they would like to have a showing at the FL meet.

That sounds cool. The one I have does dots -- bigger, blurrier dots, and smaller, more focused dots.

First of all, it sounds like stalling tactics.Secondly, on the off chance that they're not stalling, but rather just dragging their feet, you may want to mention this to them. I'm sure if they're even remotely interested in good PR, they would like to have a showing at the FL meet.

I don't really know. My impression is that Duncan is just a guy hanging out in England with other priorities, and the new delay has less to do with Larry this time and more to do with that. I doubt that there's any conspiracy, and I also don't think Duncan had any ill-will. It's just maddening. I did post that I hoped to have it for the meet on the 27th. Whether Larry even reads the Diablo thread anymore is anyone's guess, and Duncan didn't respond to my question in the same post asking if I was right in assuming the Diablos would now be shipping next week as opposed to this week. Also, I didn't get into the group buy until about a year ago, so no matter how much I would like mine now and for the meet, there are certainly others who should receive their amps first...but then again, if the Diablos are truly ready, boxed up and waiting for addresses, if Larry gets the list on Saturday, the 50 (supposed) amps sold could realistically, and with minimal effort, go out on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. If the US buyers (thinking shipping time) don't have them within two weeks, it will confirm something gone way wrong again, and I will push for a refund.

That sounds cool. The one I have does dots -- bigger, blurrier dots, and smaller, more focused dots.

Mine also does a butterfly :)

Why do I fear a laser related blinding occurring at/after that meet now?

No blinding, but I do foresee juvenile moments of laser ants aimed at people's parts for points.

MOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOT

Can we please make this fool the next ban victim. ::)

You know, as much as I prefer the harass until exit approach, it's hard to harass someone who doesn't actually read the forum.

No mercy on the newbie? Ouch, guys.

My cat liked laser pointers.