Recommendations for DIY cases that look like ARC amps?

deepak

Why?

Hmm, I've done ok buying direct from Par Metals. It wasn't a great experience but wasn't as bad as what I'm hearing from others.

Bottom line Deepak, the finish on the Par chassis is never going to be anywhere near a professional chassis that an electronics company would use. There's a reason that they are the cheapest large format chassis you can buy.

Hmm, I've done ok buying direct from Par Metals. It wasn't a great experience but wasn't as bad as what I'm hearing from others.

Bottom line Deepak, the finish on the Par chassis is never going to be anywhere near a professional chassis that an electronics company would use. There's a reason that they are the cheapest large format chassis you can buy.

I understand the finish won't be some nice powder coating or anything, but as long as it's not raw aluminum it should be fine.

I guess I'll continue to look for more options. Nate would you mind sharing your experience with Par-Metal? If you don't want to post it here a PM would be great. Thanks.

ATI hasn't got back to me yet, and I can't read Italian (HiFi2000) :-\

I guess I'll continue to look for more options. Nate would you mind sharing your experience with Par-Metal? If you don't want to post it here a PM would be great. Thanks.

No worries about sharing, ordered a couple of cases, took about a month to get them.

But Grawk is right, the Ebay vendor, if you can find what you're looking for, is much, much quicker.

:D

Thanks. We'll see how much it costs to send big chunks of metal from Italy to the US :P

I believe the technical term is a "shit load". I think it's typically more expensive than the chassis itself.

Here's the thing, all chassis makers are a compromise of some sort, you can get any two of the following: quick, cheap, atractive, never all three.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the case that HiFi2000 has in their banner, but I can't find it for sale on their site. =[

As far as I know it's just one of their Pesante Dissipante cases with a heavy front panel and optional handles. You'd just have to email them for more information, assuming this is what you're talking about.

pesDiss12x7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Those Europeans. It's like they have a different word for everything!

Audiokit sells the same stock of cases, and also offers, yes...English! http://www.audiokit.it/ENG/Frames/Introduction1.htm

Scroll down to Cabinet & Chassis, then select HiFi2000 in the window below.