NetFlix "WatchNow"

CD44hi

Anyone else try this?

I have been playing with this feature for the last 2.5 months or so. I love it! I think it's the baby steps of the things to come.

As of now availability of current features is limited, so if you are into the latest releases, this is not for you. If you like older movies and shows then this will provide quite a bit of entertainment. Some recent movies are available, specially art and foreign. As to the resolution, I don't think it's quite at the DVD level, but not too far behind. So it may not be for everyone. As of now the way it works is that you get as many hours of instant watching as $ you pay for your plan.

Right now i've been burning most of the time watching "heroes" and the .5 of the 1st season of the new DrWho series.

Anyone else try this?

I have been playing with this feature for the last 2.5 months or so. I love it! I think it's the baby steps of the things to come.

As of now availability of current features is limited, so if you are into the latest releases, this is not for you. If you like older movies and shows then this will provide quite a bit of entertainment. Some recent movies are available, specially art and foreign. As to the resolution, I don't think it's quite at the DVD level, but not too far behind. So it may not be for everyone. As of now the way it works is that you get as many hours of instant watching as $ you pay for your plan.

Right now i've been burning most of the time watching "heroes" and the .5 of the 1st season of the new DrWho series.

I tried to watch Pan's Labyrinth with this feature, and the resolution was horrible. ??? Am I doing something wrong?

Hum, dunno.

Here is more or less a run down of the steps I followed during the installation:

I started by updating to the latest version of windows media player. (since the netflix player is basically running on WMP) Then I did the netflix installation. The connection I use is FiOS.

What does it shows when you first go into the "watch instantly" area as your video quality?

I haven't had any poor resolution issues.

Hum, dunno.

Here is more or less a run down of the steps I followed during the installation:

I started by updating to the latest version of windows media player. (since the netflix player is basically running on WMP) Then I did the netflix installation. The connection I use is FiOS.

What does it shows when you first go into the "watch instantly" area as your video quality?

I haven't had any poor resolution issues.

Same here. The resolution so far has been good. I hope you can get it licked Jack :mikey2:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Yep, works pretty well. Just have had around 3-4 crashes in the time I've had it (I got one from the first batch). In my experience, wireless is so, so. But supposedly is it due to the router that Verizon uses. Since the tv is close to the router, I have been using it with the ethernet connection. So YMMV regarding the reliability of connection/quality of pic...

Check out the roku forums, they have a section dedicated to this player. There is quite a bit of info there.

Roku Forums :: View Forum - Netflix Player by Roku General Discussion

• 2 months later...
For those of you with Xbox 360's you'll be able play netflix "watch now" stuff via your 360 when the fall update comes.

I was so hoping for the fall update a couple days ago when they went offline. Turns out they were just laying some more groundwork for that update, which is currently rumored to land mid-November. It also *finally* has 16:10 support for widescreen computer monitors. They've been selling a VGA cable for two years and now they've finally changed the software to make it fully compatible.