Team Audio-Technica Unite!

Elephas

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yeah dusty, there is a nice VTG for sale on head-fi right now, but no price listed. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

That was my old pair that I recently sold. In great condition. The seller is a very very nice guy and is having a little bit of financial problem. All he wants is around 600 bucks I think, which isn't too bad.

[me=Vince]does not need more headphones, repeat, I do not need more headphones![/me]

Oh come on, Nate. trust me, you hear the VTG, you'll sell your W5k instantly.

For real. I am finding myself in the need for a bit of cash, but I just cannot bring my self to sell my VTG. There is a magic there, which I just cannot break myself from. Think of the VTG as a sexy red head. Perfect body, a smile that will knock you out, a personality which just brightens the room anytime she enters, a butt that just won't quit. Its me and my VTG to the end.

Oh come on, Nate. trust me, you hear the VTG, you'll sell your W5k instantly.

For real. I am finding myself in the need for a bit of cash, but I just cannot bring my self to sell my VTG. There is a magic there, which I just cannot break myself from. Think of the VTG as a sexy red head. Perfect body, a smile that will knock you out, a personality which just brightens the room anytime she enters, a butt that just won't quit. Its me and my VTG to the end.

Will you even take them over the W11JPN?

BTW, the earpads and headbands are also new. The earpads are the W1000's not the lambskin of the L3000 or thw W2002. I personally think the W10vtg is a nice sounding headphone and probably more balanced sounding than the Denon D5000, though the Denon might have more resolutions and details.

Vince, come on, you don't need that Audio Technica shite. Don't believe the hype. :D

I've already got one pair on their way to me (W5000) and my wallet sure as hell can't take another pair of ~$600 headphones.

And Jay, you may well be right about another headphone taking the place of the W5000 eventually, but simultaneous A/T's is not going to happen so it'll have to be a different pair of VTGs should that day come. For now I'm just planning on giving the W5ks a fair and thorough evaluation.

I've already got one pair on their way to me (W5000) and my wallet sure as hell can't take another pair of ~$600 headphones.

And Jay, you may well be right about another headphone taking the place of the W5000 eventually, but simultaneous A/T's is not going to happen so it'll have to be a different pair of VTGs should that day come. For now I'm just planning on giving the W5ks a fair and thorough evaluation.

I have a feeling you will have a certain VTG making a visit to you soon.

Purk,

I have not had the opportunity to hear a W11JPN yet. They are just too far out of my financial reach. I'd love to spend some time with them, however.

Also, the W1000 has synthetic leather.

I hope you get to check them out one of these days. IMO, the W11JPN is very similar to the W10VTG but with deeper extension, better imagining, and more details. The lacquer finish is also very beautiful and they are super comfortable. They are pretty nice sounding though but I don't think that they are worth the asking price. Honestly, if you have about $1200 to spend on a headphone, and don't mind an open design, I will be taking a hard look at the Grado HP1000.

I hope you get to check them out one of these days. IMO, the W11JPN is very similar to the W10VTG but with deeper extension, better imagining, and more details. The lacquer finish is also very beautiful and they are super comfortable. They are pretty nice sounding though but I'm don't think that they are worth the asking price. Honestly, if you have about $1200 to spend on a headphone, and don't mind an open designe, I will be taking a hard look at the Grado HP1000.

That is the reason I doubt I will hear one. If I had $1200, it would not be spent on a headphone ;)