My Diablo has Arrived...

nickknutson

Yes, I've finally took delivery of my Diablo. I just picked it up a few minutes ago, it's charging at the moment, so I don't have too much to report. I'll take some pics and report on it's performance out of the box in a few hours.

Amazing after only 2.5 years from when they were first offered.

I hope they are everything you were told they will be. I am sure you will let us know.

I am one of the ones that put money down on these back in Aug 05 but sold my place to someone else. Hope he enjoys his as well....

Amazing after only 2.5 years from when they were first offered.

I hope they are everything you were told they will be. I am sure you will let us know.

I am one of the ones that put money down on these back in Aug 05 but sold my place to someone else. Hope he enjoys his as well....

Well, I haven't been waiting for that long. I put my money down a month ago...maybe six weeks.

One thing I can report is the blue lights work...so, that's a good sign.

Glad you got it, Nick. Be careful with the battery. Per the manual, it should give you 50-ish hrs up and running, but it's more like 15. Since it's never supposed to be allowed to go dead, and mine has now three times, counting when it arrived, just keep it charged. I'd send my back to Larry, except I don't know if I'd see it again, or if doing so would make a difference, since the battery's been a problem in a few. I'm waiting to see what others experience.

Glad you got it, Nick. Be careful with the battery. Per the manual, it should give you 50-ish hrs up and running, but it's more like 15. Since it's never supposed to be allowed to go dead, and mine has now three times, counting when it arrived, just keep it charged. I'd send my back to Larry, except I don't know if I'd see it again, or if doing so would make a difference, since the battery's been a problem in a few. I'm waiting to see what others experience.

Hi Boo

Just a question. Will it play when the battery is dead if you plug it in?

USG

When it first arrived, it was dead, so I plugged in it and was listening at the same time. Nasty hum. I haven't tried since. After all this time, it just a stupid shame there are these kinds of issues. It's otherwise a really good amp, but I don't like sitting around wondering if it's going to die on me any time soon, and not be able to have it serviced.

Yeah, Larry said he's fixed the problem. I've finally charged it up and I'm just going to let things settle for a bit before I actually listen to it. I'll try to keep track on how long the battery actually lasts as well.

So Nick, you little shit, now you're trying to sell your Diablo you've had for only a couple days to someone, telling him it's wonderful, lying on head-fi about battery life and saying it sounds like the PRII and is comparable. It doesn't and it's not. You don't know what you're talking about and are trying to pawn it off on someone who doesn't know better yet.

I've got to go to work, but you've totally pissed me off with that asswipe move. Go ahead, try and sell it. >:D

He's actually been talking with someone about it, so that was also a lie, saying he may. He starts this whole hyped-up thread, gets everyone tuned in, tries it out then goes in to sell. Probably be posting about how he owned a Diablo and knows what it sounds like in threads all over. He didn't even read the manual stating to NEVER discharge the battery fully, and was busy trying to do it multiple times to get better results. Fool.