headphone going rates

dc

argh! i just posted an interest check on h43d-f1 and i have no idea what their going rates are

can anyone else help me out here? granted, i was probably being a bit optimistic with some of my prices

but i think some people are getting a bit shocked i dare say abusive, as i mentioned i don't know their rates (sellers usually blank out their prices so this kills me)

so can anyone else help me out?

K501 mint

DT531 mint w/ papers

K240 sextett in good condition, w/box

HD580 with HD600 grilles, HD650 cables 2 spare head cushions, 1 set of foam disks and a set of left/right fork thingies

grado hf-1 mint w/ box and papers, 2 sets of HD414 pads, flat pads and headphile c-pads

stax sr-001mk2 mint w/box and papers

thanks guys,

dc

The k501s have been selling for about $160 or so, I believe, but I sold mine years ago for $135.

The HF1s have been selling for about $185, which is pretty good, only lost $20 in 4 years. I'll send payment for them asap, what's your paypal?

The others, I have no idea.

The k501s have been selling for about $160 or so, I believe, but I sold mine years ago for $135.

The HF1s have been selling for about $185, which is pretty good, only lost $20 in 4 years. I'll send payment for them asap, what's your paypal?

The others, I have no idea.

really? I'm making a killing on the HF-1s then... someone offered me over 2 and a half times that much =D

But are you being serious about the K501?

Still bit too much, IMO, considering you'll end up with three sets of pads you won't be using, and no bowls (I don't like'em, but some folks do).

sorry forgot to mention stock bowls are included too. those are additional to the stock bowls

Hmm, been kinda curious about the sextetts, but I would bet they are sold already.

actually they're not, nothing but lowballers quoting Fitz and that I should sell it to them for $70

Yeah, see in my head the c-pads are a liability (would have to resell them) so they're a minus, not a plus.

we're on the same wavelength brother, that's why they're selling as a package only...

Boils down to IC is the only real way to find out what current market conditions are. No matter what people paid in the past, it was for gear in the past. Most of that stuff doesn't sell every day, so you have to figure out what the buyers shopping now are looking for. If you come to a price agreement, then you sell. Otherwise, you don't.

Yeah, maybe you guys can clear me up on something

I pretty clearly put PM/email me offers in my posting.

However... every single person has asked me how much I want them to pay?

I thought they were supposed to tell me what they were willing to pay?

Do I seem like that much of an exploitable newb? (maybe I don't want the answer to this one)

You're the one who put items up without a price, deal with the consequences. Bottom line, for most of the stuff you're selling you could just set a price and say that you're accepting offers through some pre-set date and get the same result. I think it always helps thing the heard of asshats that you have to deal with if you at least set a minimum. Otherwise you have no one to blame but yourself for saying "make an offer" or whatever.

And in the end for stuff like the 501s is it really worth it to you to have to haggle for days on end to get another $15 to $20?

Here's what I'd do:

K501 mint $150

K240 sextett in good condition, w/box $150

HD580 with HD600 grilles, HD650 cables 2 spare head cushions, 1 set of foam disks and a set of left/right fork thingies $150

grado hf-1 mint w/ box and papers, 2 sets of HD414 pads, flat pads and headphile c-pads $450

stax sr-001mk2 mint w/box and papers $200

Do I seem like that much of an exploitable newb? (maybe I don't want the answer to this one)

Yeah, maybe you guys can clear me up on something

I pretty clearly put PM/email me offers in my posting.

However... every single person has asked me how much I want them to pay?

That's called negotiation.