New MacBook Pro and MacBook

Not really a surprise since most other manufactures were making the new Penrym Core2Duo's available Apple was bound to do the same thing sooner or later.

Yeah, I was just hoping they'd just update the MacBook Pro, since they hadn't touched the lineup since June (they upgraded the MacBook back in November). Oh well, I'll win some and I'll lose some.

Bummer, but it's also likely that you'd never notice the difference with the new processor.

Yep, and I've used it extensively the past month, so it's not like I bought it and didn't use it. Plus, since I use a wireless mouse 90% of the time with the MacBook, missing out on the Multi-Touch trackpad feature is not a big deal.

Yep, and I've used it extensively the past month, so it's not like I bought it and didn't use it. Plus, since I use a wireless mouse 90% of the time with the MacBook, missing out on the Multi-Touch trackpad feature is not a big deal.

And here I am hoping that the laptop that I ordered today will finally mean that I get to start using a laptop extensively again!

Not saying a thing till it arrives and works flawlessly, I've been entirely too cursed lately to do otherwise. :)

Good idea Nate, and good luck with the next one!

Sorry about the Apple upgrade story, Salty, I have been burned by them so many times it is hard to remember them all. I still love Apple and want them to come out with new stuff, it is just when they are off their normal schedule like this that it cuts even deeper.