The Orthodynamic Thread

spritzer

Guest sachu
You like my nurse guys? :D

hell yeah..now need to save up for some of those costumes i've been meaning to buy for the girlfriend..princess Leia, Wonder woman, slutty nurse, maid servant..:P

• 4 weeks later...

great idea and congrats. I think you will like them as you tend to like them loose ........ nope, no innuendo hidden in there, non whatsoever :)

After listening to the ESP950, I can't get over how dark mine sound. I need to bring them up to my HP50 level :D ..dB

Shhhhhh. Yes it is.;)

But is is only for orthos :P and expired now anyway.

Heh, I could swear there was an older one which also listed 'stats. At least it panned out, congrats on the acquisition. Might have to try this trick myself.

Edited by cetoole

great idea and congrats. I think you will like them as you tend to like them loose ........ nope, no innuendo hidden in there, non whatsoever :)

After listening to the ESP950, I can't get over how dark mine sound. I need to bring them up to my HP50 level :D ..dB

:D Take a look at Wikiphonia forum I have some interesting info there for you. :cool:

So I finally found a nice priced, OK condition, local YH-100 that I picked up today. Now I need to find some time to mod them. :D

Congrats! Good luck though. I couldnt seem to reach satisfactory point with my mods. But they seem to be universally accepted as the most superior (obtainable) Yamaha.

I remained convinced it was the housing holding it back....but dunno, maybe its just the mods I experienced wern't the right ones.

Once you do find the time, please do update us on your mods.

Congrats! Good luck though. I couldnt seem to reach satisfactory point with my mods. But they seem to be universally accepted as the most superior (obtainable) Yamaha.

I remained convinced it was the housing holding it back....but dunno, maybe its just the mods I experienced wern't the right ones.

Once you do find the time, please do update us on your mods.

I like YH-100 with basic FV mod, so you will not see a lot of advantageous moding from me. Hell I even like it stock, don't tell anyone. :rolleyes:

So I finally found a nice priced, OK condition, local YH-100 that I picked up today. Now I need to find some time to mod them. :D

Congrats man! Though I thought you had one already :P

You and stock Yamahas!! Your the kind of person they needed in the 80's to keep their ortho programme afloat :P

Hey I like the stock YH-1/HP-1 (though modded is better)! :D

Quite a few people at the NYC meet really liked the stock HP-1 as well, and this meet had the mega-buck headphones there.

Congrats man! Though I thought you had one already :P

I had one on loan for a long time. I also had one that I bought for someone else and modded. Never had one of my own until now. It's in good condition except earpads and screens, both are dirty and worn but still have a bit of life. I can wash the screens and might make custom lather pads in the future after I mode them.

I also like stock YH-1 just fine, but my modded one is much better. If only they did not become so inefficient after damping. :(

I came to the same conclusion. I never liked the sound with the stock housing, no matter the mods.

New housings turned them into an incredible headphone IMO. Still the best Ortho I've heard to date.

I think that its high time I posted some pics of this (high rez pics if you navigate the ftp).

Orthodome%20%234%20A.JPG

Orthodome%20%234%20B.JPG

Orthodome%20%234%20Cables.JPG

Orthodome%20%234%20Me1.JPG

Orthodome%20%234%20Me2.JPG

This is the completed Orthodome #4. Big kudos to Mr Tice for the awesome housing work and to Mr Maher for the fabby selectable-for-purpose home and portable cables.

After they came back I decided I didn't like the really heavy damping they had on them when I sent them out. They're now undamped aside from that which is in effect because of the magnetism of the drivers holding those grilles (and the grille cloth in between).

Loving them!

Very nice Mr Duggeh :D Makes me want to do something similar to my YHD-2 :) Alas I have no woodworking skilz, not soldering skilz and to think of it no hand eye coordination skilz. :D But if I did I would make something just like that...beautiful and I bet it sounds very good as well.