Raptor Tube Rolling Recommendations Please!

Wow, this is some thread. Im glad I didn't ask anyone about tube rolling. Is that the way you guys treat all the new comers around here? If you guys treat people like that then why even have the forum?

no, it's not the way we treat all new comers. it's only the people who come in and start posting shit without taking time to find out what this place is all about that we dog. if he had taken the time to find out that we don't like RSA amps here or that we don't like asshats, then he'd have been accepted. it's really not that difficult.

basically, get your head out of your ass and don't think that just because you have a high post count at the other place that we're going like you.

oh, and not a good start with that second question.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading threads for part of the day and dont see any anti-RSA posts. I even saw some RSA listed in the best amps thread. If I ask a question you consider stupid will you treat me that way?

Define "stupid".

I have been reading threads for part of the day and dont see any anti-RSA posts. I even saw some RSA listed in the best amps thread. If I ask a question you consider stupid will you treat me that way?

nah. questions are questions. i like to think that the guys here know their shit when it comes to audio. but if you're going to ask us a question, and then start shit because it wasn't the answer you were looking for, then we've got a problem. but if you're willing to have fun, play around, get made fun of, and can take shit well, then you're more than welcome to join us in the fun.

most of the anti-rsa threads are in a part of the forum you can't access yet. but it's good to know, just as a matter of fact, that this place is really, really, fucking anti-rsa.

Im a newbie and as you said I cant access those threads, so can you tell me why everyone is anti-RSA? Also you say he should have taken the time to find out about your feelings on RSA but then you go on to say those threads are not available to newbies, im not sure I get that part.

Well I gotta tell you, I don't really feel comfortable posting here on this forum, I do have a sense of humor but it seems to me you guys assumed alot of things about that dude and you have no ideal who he is, just that he owns an amp that you guys hate.

well i was mistaken, i can't find some of the threads that really express how we feel about rsa. but check out:

http://www.head-case.org/forums/headphone-amplification/2079-rsa-predator.html

http://www.head-case.org/forums/portable-audio/1054-whats-beef-rsa-alo.html

you're already not looking hard enough

Like I said, I wasn't looking for that in the first place, I just brought it up because of this crazy thread.

Well I gotta tell you, I don't really feel comfortable posting here on this forum, I do have a sense of humor but it seems to me you guys assumed alot of things about that dude and you have no ideal who he is, just that he owns an amp that you guys hate.

it's not that. he shot himself in the foot. have you read the entire thread or you just reading the first couple posts? look at his responses. asshat extraordinaire.

well i was mistaken, i can't find some of the threads that really express how we feel about rsa. but check out:

http://www.head-case.org/forums/headphone-amplification/2079-rsa-predator.html

http://www.head-case.org/forums/portable-audio/1054-whats-beef-rsa-alo.html

you're already not looking hard enough

Probably not looking at all. I'm guessing that it's just a continuation of the trolling.

Like I said, I wasn't looking for that in the first place, I just brought it up because of this crazy thread.

there have been plenty of threads here where we've called out asshats. once again, if you take the time to look around, get a feel for the place, then you don't make dumbass mistakes.

I think most people came down on Gordon not because of the amp he owned, but because how responded: with infantile tantrums, ham-fisted condescension, and badly-veiled threats. There's at least one user on here who has the flagship (and therefore most-hated) RSA product, the B-52. He's not terribly active here, but there was a thread where some head-casers mocked his amp. He took the entire exchange in stride and responded in a good-natured manner.

The motto of this place is "sorry about your thin skin" and that's not a joke. I disagree with ojnihs on one point, most new users do get hazed, to varying degrees. If you can get past the initial onslaught and show a bit of a clue (or at least willingness to learn) you may find you do okay here. Alternately, this place may be to acerbic for your liking.

As far as I know, the only rule here is "Don't be an asshat". I don't think many people care if you like RSA or not, as long as you express your opinions is a reasonable way.

Billy, aka bhd something or other loves RSA, isn't a jerk, and makes a contribution when he feels like it. He is an early member and continues to be one. I think you are being more sesitive than I tend to be regarding this thread, and that may be a problem for you. Lighten up, it's all good.

i could give a fuck if you like rsa amps, it's your money, it's your ears, and it's your enjoyment of our common interest: music. as long as you take everything in stride, as knuckledragger and ausburger have stated, then you're all good.

Billy, aka bhd something or other loves RSA, isn't a jerk, and makes a contribution when he feels like it. He is an early member and continues to be one. I think you are being more sesitive than I tend to be regarding this thread, and that may be a problem for you. Lighten up, it's all good.

:doghuh:

Either add something to the thread or go out and buy a sense of humor Tricycle boy, otherwise keep your crapping out of my threads.

Now, do you think Gordon boy was trying to have a dialogue or antagonize? SACD lover answered his question ten posts prior yet he chooses to get pissy. You should read all the posts in context first before judging unless of course you have already formed your opinion before you started posting.

Again, lighten up, this is a great place to learn alot. Don't be a Gordon...........

For clarification, Billy loves RSA and drinks from the RSA Koolaid puchbowl regularly. So what? He is a good guy has good taste in watches and is not attacked on every post.

Capici?

I understood what you said the first time, but if you read my original post carefully, I was in no way implying that people who love RSA are not good people. In fact, I was saying pretty much the same thing that you said in your reply.

For clarification, Billy loves RSA and drinks from the RSA Koolaid puchbowl regularly. So what? He is a good guy has good taste in watches and is not attacked on every post.

Capici?

X2

Billy and I have had our share of spats, but at hen end of the day, we are both music lovers.

Also, anybody who take take the onslaught he has, and still hang around here, they are a ok in my book. But then again, I'm an asshat, so take that with a grain of salt ;)

Im a newbie and as you said I cant access those threads, so can you tell me why everyone is anti-RSA? Also you say he should have taken the time to find out about your feelings on RSA but then you go on to say those threads are not available to newbies, im not sure I get that part.

HardHeadCase (your head-fi name before you were banned), not everyone here is anti-RSA, including me (I like some amps, don't like others, and don't care one way or the other about the rest), but like others have said, you can like whatever it is you like, but if you come in here posting without reading around first, and then throw crap back at folks for not liking the response you're getting, you're a fool at best. If you don't like it and then start whining that you're afraid to post, go back to head-fi....oh wait....you can't.....