GPS Navigation

tkam

I'm in the market for a gps nav device, I'd like it to be voice activated and be simple to update w/ new maps as necessary. The only two brands I'm really familiar with are garmin and tom-tom, what else should I be looking at?

• 11 months later...

I really like the Magellan 4250 that I got for Christmas this past year. It's cheap (~$125), the stock map has quite a bit of current information, around me at least and the screen is reasonably sized.. It's certainly not snazzy or top of the line and I like its GUI better than the TomTom's that I've seen.

I've been damn interested in a GPS for my bike, but I need a mount that will work with my clipons.

If you're going to use GPS on the bike I'd recommend not having it mounted anywhere and simply relying on the audible instructions. I don't want anything visually distracting mounted to my bike. I know some people do it, but it doesn't sit well with me.

If you're going to use GPS on the bike I'd recommend not having it mounted anywhere and simply relying on the audible instructions. I don't want anything visually distracting mounted to my bike. I know some people do it, but it doesn't sit well with me.

Yeah that's the other route I've looked at. Plus it would negate the need (ok not NEED perse, but preference) of water-resistance. I'm not actively searching right now, but it would be nice to have.