Should, I, ah, be worried?

barmar46

So, I bought that Capitole SE CD player on Audiogon, sent off my check, I'm a happy lil' clam and...Let's go look and see the "sold" sign. Yeah, that's the ticket. But to my horror and dismay, the post...poof, up in smoke, gone with the wind, etc, etc, etc.

Now I thought it was customery to keep posts up and put a bold "sold" so everyone would know that one lucky person got the prize and everyone else didn't. I mean, isn't that the good 'ol American Way?

So did something BAD happen here? Or are there mysterious ways that things dissappear that I don't know about and...most importantly: Does this decrease the likelihood of me ever seeing my Capitole come hither?

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp!:eek:

I thought you said you weren't going to be posting any more neurotic questions about your source hunt . . . ? :palm:

So, I cannot see how taking down an ad after selling the item is an indication of any foul play. If the seller had some feedback and seemed reasonable, then sit back and wait for the package. If you have a question, send the guy an email.

Oh, and this is a small forum so you don't need to start new threads all the time about the same subject. You could have asked this question in your "Capitole izing" thread and still get a response.

Sorry about making much ado about nothing. I thought if I made it a new thread with a simple question about whether deltetions were also customary as well as leaving up posts designatied as "sold," I'd clarify the rule and it would be and over and out kind of post. Didn't really want to drag on the old post. Thanks for the feedback, I'm fine just letting it be as long as I didn't get feedback that this was behaior out of bounds. I be cool.