Blue Screen Crash Question

So my computer has started doing this thing where every time I turn it on, after about 5 minutes, give or take a minute, regardless of what I'm doing on the computer, I get a blue screen of death crash and the computer resets. The weird thing is, once it resets and starts up again, its 100% fine, no more crashes. This only occurs when I start my computer from an off state.

When I start back up it always gives me the "windows has recovered from a serious error" box. The reason is something to do with bad memory. Indeed I did add some new RAM several weeks back, but I did not start experiencing this until recently. Nevertheless, I've done lots of trouble shooting involving moving the ram around to different slots, and even swapping it out with a newer stick of RAM to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Also should I buy an iMac? :cool:

You already know the answer to that... as Grawk reminded you.

Yeah, I certainly know where to go fishing for the answer I want. ;)

Well I took the new memory out and I'm running fine. I don't think I'm going to worry about putting anything else back in since I only got it for a game I can't seem to get into anyway.

Well I took the new memory out and I'm running fine.

Sounds right, bad memory is one of the more common causes of crashes. Most memory comes with a lifetime warranty these days so you should try to RMA it with the manufacturer.

A tentacle rape hentai 3d sex game?

Nah, an MMO. I just had go finally admit to myself that I don't have time to play one of these effectively.

Sounds right, bad memory is one of the more common causes of crashes. Most memory comes with a lifetime warranty these days so you should try to RMA it with the manufacturer.

Cool, I'll look into this.