Jena Cable Alternatives

ldj325

Recently I built a set of 5 strand braid of 18 gauge Jena cryo treated wire for XLR interconnects. They sound great in my system.

I have seen references that the Jena wire is considered pricey ($5 ft.) for copper cable. I am wondering is there is a less expensive alternative that still maintains the quality of the Jena wire. I would most like to hear from members who have listened to the Jena as well as any recommended alternatives. But if that is too restrictive, then comments on wire you have personal experience with is fine.

I'd rather that the discussion focus on the sound quality of the various cables and bypass discussion of any other recent controversies with Jena. And I'd rather avoid the "wire is all snake oil" discussions cause we all know where that discussion leads.

Thanks.

I'd suggest trying any of the UPOCC copper wire that you can find, should run less than $2/ft and is among the best I've heard. And you certainly don't need 18ga anything for IC's or more than one conductor for each of the signal components.

Thanks.

Do you know a source for UPOCC 22 gauge copper (only) wire. I can't find it in the places I'm familiar with--VH Audio, Percy, Markertec

Thanks to both of you for the resources. Take Five has a great selection, too bad the Canadian shipping will either be slow or expensive to me in LA.

Earlier I'd been on the Sonic Craft site but couldn't find any product info. It good to know that they have the UP-OCC. I await a response back from them.