Official Thread: Joe Grado to appear at Charlotte NC Meet

DannyB

The Southern CanFEST 2009 will be held in Charlotte, NC on 2/21/09 from 9AM-4PM at:

Hilton Charlotte Executive Park

5624 Westpark Drive

Charlotte, NC 28217

704-527-8000

Hosted by the Carolina Audio Society (CAS) with support from dealers and manufacturers.

Mr. Joseph Grado will be there to give a presentation and mingle with attendees in addition to Dennis Had of CARY Audio, Drew of Moon Audio and Mikhail of Singlepower. Other manufacturers and retailers will be attending and information will be forthcoming upon their confirmation. A Buy/Sell/Trade session for any and all audio related equipment, not just can related, will also be on the premises. Additionally, we will have an Audio Desk Systeme CD trimmer for those who want to trim a few CDs.

Please let me know if you plan to attend and what equipment you will be bringing, if any, by posting a follow up to this post. You can also Email me directly at: [email protected]

I look forward to seeing you at The HEAD EVENT!

Danny

Edited by grawk

"Celebrities" who are planning to attend at this time include:

Joseph Grado -Founder Grado Laboratories

Ray Samuels--Ray Samuels Audio

Drew Baird----Moon Audio

Dennis Had---Cary Audio

Mikhail Rotenberg-Singlepower

All headphone enthusiasts smily_headphones1.gif

We are in discussions with Headamp, Headroom, Grace, Ultrasone, Benchmark, Woo Audio and a few others. Some may not be able to attend but will hopefully send equipment, through Drew, to have representation at the CanFEST.

The date is February 21st, 2009 in Charlotte, NC. 9AM-4PM

Hilton Charlotte Executive Park

5624 Westpark Drive

Charlotte, NC 28217

704-527-8000

Joe just told me that he will also plan to bring his new microphone to the show which is one amazing invention. This is a very special item and he will be doing a live demonstration with it and his Nagra recorder and Grace M902 headphone amp.

I have heard several recordings with this mic and it is revolutionary. Several major recording engineers have tried it and they are finding it to be something very special. So, those in attendance will also be able to talk with Joe about his soon to be released microphone in addition to anything else including opera, watches, stories of the history of audio and other legends he knew personally, oh...and headphones. Actually, I am going to try to convince him to bring his original prototype of the HP1 for people to see and check out.

• 2 months later...

Any exhibitors/dealers/manufacturers interested in more information about attending CanFEST 2009 please PM me and I'll Email it out to you.

There is NO CHARGE to exhibitors OR attendees!

Things are shaping up rather nicely. We are anticipating between 100-200 or more attendees, in part due to the nice list of manufacturers in addition to the Joe Grado appearance/presentation.

Official Thread: Southern/Charlotte CanFest 2009 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Can you ask Joe Grado if he liked Saw III? (that's right posty I still remember)

trust me he loved saw III. In his exact words, he thought Saw I was awesome, Saw II was kind of like they didn't know what they were doing with a big budget, and the guy who played the lead cop (a wahlberg I think? say hey to your mother for me) was really bad, but by the time Saw III came around they knew what they were doing, and it was the bomb movie.

We have a third of the Grand Ballroom at the Hilton hotel. We are expecting between 100-200 attendees. We can accommodate more if need be. Organizers are working hard to make this a first class event for attendees and exhibitors. Needless to say, we are thrilled that Joe will be there to mingle with the crowd and have a lot of one on one conversations. This is really a once in a lifetime event in being able to have one on one time with Joe, given Joes age of 85. He is still sharp as a tack. Please try to make it. We have people flying in from California, Illinois, Colorado, in addition to driving in from Florida, Virginia, South Carolina, and a few more.

• 2 weeks later...

The link below will show three amps that Mr. Joseph Lau was kind enough to send to allow us to showcase some of his new products. From left to right is the Antique Sound Lab Pisces, AudioTailor Headmonitor I, and AudioTailor Jade. I'm burning them in at this time so I'll give them a try in a few days.

The items on the dresser include most of my personal amps that will be at CanFEST. Missing is my KGSS which is still in my primary system. Shown is the CARY 303/300 as the source along with a SinglePower MPX3 SE Extreme which I will be selling at or after CanFEST, a SP MPX3 with mods including a Supra trannie, a STAX SRM007t also to be sold at or after CanFEST, a RockHopper B22 with balanced and single ended outputs also possibly being sold at or after Canfest, a Travagan's White, a Headroom Home, a Grace M902, and a home brew Class D amp for my K1000.

Picasa Web Albums - Janice - 2009

Official Thread: Southern/Charlotte CanFest 2009 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio