what to do, what to do?

kevin gilmore

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding, I don't like anything that can generate that much force that doesn't have a on-off switch.

This is of course, the biggest factor, nay ultimately, the only factor, which induces the fear in such a material. It is the knowledge that control over its forces lies beyond the users power. It's like stting on a grenade thats had the pin pulled.

Depends. If you buy two they deliver the first as described, and the second is simply dropped from altitude and expected to find its own way.

*wile-E-coyote cliff noise*

i hope the box is covered with random nails and forks and rusty birdcages.

My vision is of the postman ringing the doorbell to get help prying the parcel off the inside of the van wall.

No kidding, I don't like anything that can generate that much force that doesn't have a on-off switch.

You have no idea. My biggest superconducting magnet is about 12 times more

powerful than that thing. And its gap is 3 feet long.

if you want an isolation system that really works, you really need to go with a

pneumatic system, or pneumatics and active piezoelectrics.

TMC Technical Background

like this

[url=http://www.techmfg.com/products/tabletop/tabletop_pzt.htm]TMC TableTop PZT

How do these magnets get posted? Do they arrive in a crate 3 foot cubed lined with lead?

I have a couple that are about the size of a hockey puck. The magnets were wrapped with foam then stuck to the inside of a steel box, which is wrapped with more foam & bubblewrap and put into yet another steel box. Which then gets stuffed into cardboard box for shipping. The cardboard box was around an 8" to 10" cube.

OH i have some delightfully evil people here.

Aluminum or magnesium bowling ball. Painted black to look like the

real thing. Take it to a bowling alley and try and use it... :D

Annodize, not paint, in any number of colors. And, of course, laser scribed with evil runes to render curse on all who oppose you...

by the way aerius, may I ask what you are using the magnets for?

I use them to support the hanging hooks for my bikes so I don't have to drill the hooks into the wall. The magnets stick to the steel support beams behind the drywall of my apartment, and the hooks are welded onto a piece of steel that's stuck onto the magnet. Then the bikes just hang off the hooks.