Rockhopper Audio Prebuilt Blog

thrice

It'd make easier reading if the date came first on its own line. Then the item for sale (with its embedded url) and the SOLD!!!, right next to (/ where possible on the same line as) the title of the item for sale. It might also help to differentiate the clickable embedded url's from the non-interactive items such as the date.

Good pics :)

• 4 weeks later...
That mini^3 woulda been a good place to use a 4pin :)

Wouldn't work with that case.... then I would need 3 jacks (a 4-pin and two 1/4 jacks) if you want to use it as two single-ended amps.

Despite my preference for the 4-pin, the combo jack really does cover your bases better. Of course some lemo jacks would be a lot smaller and you could put a whole mess of them on there ;) But they are a little bit of a pain to deal with.

does anyone actually ever use a balanced amp as 2 separate amps?

A 4pin and adapters...

Then I would have to build adapters and package them with the amp.... this is much easier in the short term. While I would love to lead the 4-pin revolution, I doubt that I have the volume or the industry clout to make that happen. Frankly, the 4-pin XLR is bulky anyway.... I'd love to see lemo connectors catch on, but they have their limitations as well.

I use them as separately sometimes.... especially with a vinyl source, or to compare two headphones off one source. I could see it being useful.