Berendsen CDP1 need more info about it please

Blackmore

Would you be so kind to name some please, thanks.

Yesterday I auditioned one and I do not think I am going to buy it.

sure thing, when we compared the Berendsen cdp it went against the sony scd-1 and the esound. It was slightly better than the esound and the scd-1 was better.

Before I purchased the CDP1 I would buy an Ayre cx7e, exemplar 2900, or maybe even a wadia 301/302. Both the ayre and exemplar are better that the wadia but the wadia was still very good. Service from ayre and exemplar is leagues better than wadia as well, there service sucks (imho). The berendsen had transport drawer issues that created quite a storm so if you go that route make sure the drawer is working properly.

I was looking for something withing USD 1000, used, but seems that is not easy at all. Berendsen I tried, had CD read issue, wouldnt read all my original CD's, however the sound wasnt that bad at all, at least flash out my NAD with ease. He have more weight/body, better microdetail and power. Another thing is pretty limited conection posibilities, analogue only, not even DIGITAL OUT. And last, but not least, after 3 e-mails to them, no answer, just nothing. Yeah, pretty suck to tell you the true. The player is 4 years old, new condition, but still have that stupid read issue, however after I open the load and push on PLAY instead of CLOSE he was starting playing, but sometimes I must do this two time to get it started.

What do you think of Arcam FMJ23? I am thinking of Audio Aero Prima as well.

Oh well, I think to stop looking, cos its to frustrating. It would be better to get at least USD2k together before even think of upgrade...

THX

Do you mean Denon universal DVD 2900 player modified by Exemplar Audio?

Ayre CX7e looks great to.

The shity part of all is that these are US market players, however Denon is not, but modified one is.

THX anyway.

sure thing, when we compared the Berendsen cdp it went against the sony scd-1 and the esound. It was slightly better than the esound and the scd-1 was better.

Before I purchased the CDP1 I would buy an Ayre cx7e, exemplar 2900, or maybe even a wadia 301/302. Both the ayre and exemplar are better that the wadia but the wadia was still very good. Service from ayre and exemplar is leagues better than wadia as well, there service sucks (imho). The berendsen had transport drawer issues that created quite a storm so if you go that route make sure the drawer is working properly.

Found old FS HF thread where you sold your 2900, correct me if I am wrong. What is your source at the moment?

Yes, I think they can, will check time to time used market. Ayre must have some EU dealership, so, will look over there as well.

THX

I am pretty sure that both the Ayre and exemplar can be made for the European market.

still regret the exemplar sale, I am using a heavily modded sonic frontiers transdac as part of a computer audio set up. I can not go back to a cdp after the convenience of computer based audio.

One possibility would be to get the exemplar used on audiogon and send it to John Tucker of exemplar audio to have it set up for your voltage

Found old FS HF thread where you sold your 2900, correct me if I am wrong. What is your source at the moment?

THX

I have jp#'s old eXemplar 2900 now. I love it. It's by far the best Redbook CD player that I've owned and it holds its own against any CD setup I've heard. You have to spend a lot more to significantly beat it. The bad thing about it is if something goes wrong with it, you have to send it back to eXemplar to have it fixed as most repair people don't want to mess with a modified unit. The good news is that eXemplar's customer service is quite good and turnaround time is short.

Yes, thats what it is, especially when you in Europe. I can get stock 2900 for like EUR 250-300, but sending to US for mods, hmmm, not sure. Have send the e-mail to exempler audio about the costs, but didnt get any replay yet.

Anyone can tell anything about Arcam FMJ23 player please.

THX

I have jp#'s old eXemplar 2900 now. I love it. It's by far the best Redbook CD player that I've owned and it holds its own against any CD setup I've heard. You have to spend a lot more to significantly beat it. The bad thing about it is if something goes wrong with it, you have to send it back to eXemplar to have it fixed as most repair people don't want to mess with a modified unit. The good news is that eXemplar's customer service is quite good and turnaround time is short.

I like Arcam gear and own several pieces, including the FMJ DV29 (cd/dvd/dvd-a). The CD23 is a very solid player for Redbook only (HDCD supported) and it incorporates the dCS Ring DAC that many people love. It is a great sounding, musical, and accurate player, but it will not be a super-detailed clinical kind of sound. The 2900 would not fall into the super detail camp either. The CD23 had a couple of versions, one had a new transport added and the more substantial one was called the CD23T, for text support on the readout and better CD-R handling.

If you go later in the FMJ CD line, the CD33 and CD36 do not have the Ring DAC but are also well regarded. I think the value is still in the CD23 assuming it is in good shape and functions well. I have been using my DV29 for 4+ years without any problems at all.

His last Arcam was FMJ33, I believe and he liked it a lot, but this is not the same unit, based on different DAC.

I found some other Italian player, Bluenote Koala, and seems to be a very impressive for the money, new EUR 1600( based on tubes )

Dont you think that finding a matched CDP pretty tough these days:o

I think Asr had one for a brief stint but I can't keep up with his source search anymore.

Yes, I have read all this and found one CD23 with no T, from 2004. Also comes with some mods, but need to ask which one.

I like Arcam gear and own several pieces, including the FMJ DV29 (cd/dvd/dvd-a). The CD23 is a very solid player for Redbook only (HDCD supported) and it incorporates the dCS Ring DAC that many people love. It is a great sounding, musical, and accurate player, but it will not be a super-detailed clinical kind of sound. The 2900 would not fall into the super detail camp either. The CD23 had a couple of versions, one had a new transport added and the more substantial one was called the CD23T, for text support on the readout and better CD-R handling.

If you go later in the FMJ CD line, the CD33 and CD36 do not have the Ring DAC but are also well regarded. I think the value is still in the CD23 assuming it is in good shape and functions well. I have been using my DV29 for 4+ years without any problems at all.