What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based upon the ugly cover means great music theory, that must be one of the best records evar!

:D

It is quite good in fact. Particularly the muted trumpet tones. Often times I find I prefer muted tones occasionally, as opposed to the entire duration, due to the brightness. These seem to be somewhat more controlled/subdued/etc than something like the muted tones you'd hear on Kind of Blue.

:D

It is quite good in fact. Particularly the muted trumpet tones. Often times I find I prefer muted tones occasionally, as opposed to the entire duration, due to the brightness. These seem to be somewhat more controlled/subdued/etc than something like the muted tones you'd hear on Kind of Blue.

I've always loved the muted brass sound. When I used to play trombone, using mute was one of my favorite things to do.

Count Basie - Warm Breeze (OJC)

Guess I forgot to scan this one, and I'm not going through all the boxes looking for it right now.

This has some crazy dynamics to it. I was listening to it 2 or 3 weeks ago in the car with the subwoofer maxed and practically blew out the windows during an unexpected loud passage. Seems like there is no compression ceiling whatsoever. Thank god for my Kinetic battery :) It was pretty awesome.