Rega Saturn

Based on , what I found as, overwhelming performance from the Apollo; the answer will be a solid YES. That is if it isn't more than $1300 somewhere.

Just as soon as I recoup from what I just spent on the new 30lb wonder I just bought. I am in the process of modding that too. It should be done and back home soon. I only got the chance to listen to that one for one hour before packing it off to be modded. None of the whole player is broken in yet from new.

From what I gathered from the web site and from what I know of the Apollo, after modding that myself; it looks like the Saturn is just a modded Apollo. It uses the same latest Wolfsom dack chip but uses TWO in parallel on each side as opposed to one per side. It also features bigger and much better caps and resistors. I uses and even better master clock, and I thought the Apollo's was very good. The Class A output is beefed up also, with claims of better bass and slam. I also think that they use the same system board with just more on it as you could see places labled and marked off on the Apollo's board, that were empty.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest sacd lover

stil waiting... :(

I need to touch base with the dealer. I want it now... >:D

First the L3000's and now the Saturn .... quite the spending spree. That should be a nice rig once you pull them all together.

Certainly hope so and thanks. I keyed in on two things at the So Cal meet, the 508.24 and the L3000s. But I wasn?t willing to pay $1500 plus for such an old source and when I located a new Saturn from an authorized dealer for nearly a $1000 under list I couldn?t resist. I?ll need to sell the Apollo after the Saturn arrives. As for the L3000s I thought my Singapore connection would hook me up with a used pair for under $1500, but it didn?t pan out. And I missed one on Audiogon for $1500. I guess when I found one in great condition and offered at a decent price I bit. I?ll be selling some other stuff too. I went crazy, but think this should hold me over for a while.

• 2 weeks later...