Good "Brain Teaser" like puzzles?

Chekhonte

I enjoy the wentworth wooden jigsaws with whimsies, we inherited a collection and have added a few since. It does require thought but while the 1000 to 2000 peice normal jigsaws were too easy or dull, the wooden ones take me 4-8 hours for a 250 peice puzzle (good for christmas :) ). ebay often has several being sold.

I prefer puzzles I can move physically move, for me these are brain teasers. :)

I like the Japanese company Nikoli's puzzles; they're actually not computer generated so it's a lot of fun actually doing them.

My personal favorite type is Nonogram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which has a DS game, Picross DS. Good fun.

hm, I always assumed they were of Russian design, as I see a lot of people there working them on the metro and what not.

What about that one where you had to arrange mirrors and refractors to get light beams to their destination? I loved that one (though you can only play it once).

Anyone remember what the name of that one was? I need to go replay it, to see if having done it once several months ago, I can do it again without getting stumped this time.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

yeah portal was fantastic. I really wish it was a longer game though. I can't play any of the mods out there since my computer is an ancient dell 2.6ghz with only 1 gig of ddr ram max.

I also played boxorz which is pretty good. I got stumped on puzzle 16 and has to put it down for a while to do some homework.

Thanks for all the suggestions though. I'm thoroughly enjoying them.

EDIT: I also have played the computer version of the laser refracting game. It really threw my brain for a loop once the puzzles became complex. I'm usually exceptional at visual games but I couldn't wrap my mind around some of them.

I also have played the computer version of the laser refracting game. It really threw my brain for a loop once the puzzles became complex. I'm usually exceptional at visual games but I couldn't wrap my mind around some of them.
Yeah, some of them were stumpers, and I had to put it away to get some work done. I did get all of the ones that I got, eventually, don't remember if I finished it or not. I think I was up to like #34 or something...? I did start dreaming it, and LOL'd when Google made their logo like it for the day.