The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!

spritzer

Found the four heatsinks in someone elses delivery...

Can't find the 4 amp bottoms yet, so 4 more will be at

the anodizer later today...

You would think it would be simple enough to keep order A

seperate from order B...

Especially when they were different colors...

And yes, all of my stuff is the same color.

Edited by kevin gilmore

Just like all UPS fuck ups, you'll write them off only to have it all turn up 2 months later with out so much as a sorry note.

Rage ensues :mad:

Don't start me on a carrier rant - they are all as bad as each other. The Tekscopes mailing list is a regular litany of test gear bought off eBay that arrives looking like it has been thrown out the back of a moving truck (maybe it has). Or two identically labelled identical parcels I shipped to the La Palma observatory. One arrived OK, and the other was returned - somehow separated and the sender's address had been interpreted as the "to" address by some blithering idiot. Or the piece of gear coming from Ca to the UK. Never arrived. 8 weeks later it got back to the sender - our idiot parcels service Parcel Force (or Parcel Farce as it is known) failed to deliver the correctly labelled package, failed to leave a note three times (they are required to make three attempts, and leave a card if there is no answer), and then returned to sender using the cheapest and slowest method (pony :horsey:).

And that is just for starters....:rant:

I have a receipt from the anodizer for accepting 16 heatsinks and 16 tops/bottoms and 16 fronts/backs

So he will be paying for the missing stuff. Or he has to find the stuff. I really don't care.

justin might have some more of the heatsink. Otherwise i have just enough heatsinks to match

the fronts and backs.

If justin does another batch of heatsink there will be plenty more. This time i will order extra.

If people want me to ship what i have now, i can do that, the amp works fine without its bottom.

That way you can start assembling now. All you need to do assembly is the fronts/backs,heatsinks

and power supply bottom.

Edited by kevin gilmore

I have a receipt from the anodizer for accepting 16 heatsinks and 16 tops/bottoms and 16 fronts/backs

So he will be paying for the missing stuff. Or he has to find the stuff. I really don't care.

Anodisers never fail to amaze me. I use MetroPlating in Uxbridge

Metro Plating - Sulphuric - Chromic & Hard Anodising - Alochrom - Aluminium Finishing

Absolutely first rate, but I always drop off and collect, and check each piece. Good they are, very good, - but it is absolute chaos in there, a real bloody mess. This seems to be the standard way of working - I've visited several over the years. I'm lucky that I'm only about an hour's drive from Metro; god knows what would happen if they shipped.

If people want me to ship what i have now, i can do that

The only thing that would worry me about that is the delta cost of sending the final bits across the pond. How long will the replacements for the lost bits take?

For whatever reason the really good polishers don't do anodizing, and vice versa.

This all has to be local, and both of these companies are real good at what they do.

Very different machining and processes. Really don't want to go into the anodizing

company ever again. Boiling vats of boric acid. Lots of chemicals that just can't

possibly be good for you. The fihisher for the flat parts has this absolutely huge

sanding/buffing thing. Really neat, and something else i would rather not mess with.

The heatsinks are polished by hand.

Hopefully another 10 days or less to anodize the bottom panels.

I think people should wait until its done, and ship in one box.

But for me personally i would take it in two shipments just to get

working on it that much quicker.

Then soon, like next week i will ship the next batch for polishing and finishing.

I think people should wait until its done, and ship in one box.

Jeez what a PITA. Having spent virtually all day on the phone to my insurance company (my wife backed into a rock, thanks honey!) I can certainly empathize regarding companies that needlessly raise your blood pressure.

I'll hang on too. I am anyways still waiting for my RK50, 3381s backordered at Dalbani and the relay backordered at Mouser.

I think Inu had some initial problems getting the 740V batteries to lock, even after screening his BL's for low beta (at the high end of the GR range). Could be misremembering - so check back in the thread.

Those were the 2SK246s. Don't know if the 3381s are equally critical. Anyone?