Next set of cans... $300 range

cybertron

Hey guys... I'm new around here and am not sure of the protocol for such things, but I'm in need of some advice. I recently sold a pair of ATH-A900 LTD's that I really enjoyed, but just had to get rid of them to help out with rent. Well the time has come to nab another pair as I'm about to lose my sanity if i dont get some good listening time in.

So the headphones I've owned (in order): SR-225, ER4-P, DT-770(80ohm), and the ATH-A900LTD's. So where to go from here?

I'm still undecided on whether i want open or closed, but I really want something different this go around. I had pre-ordered HF-2's but had to cancel due to the above reason, so thats sad. But my problem is, I dont know the names of cans in my price range to check them out.

Thanks in advance, and Hello to everyone.

It help a little more to know what about the 900s that you liked, what you didn't like, what sort of equipment you'll be using them with, what sort of music you like, etc, etc, etc.

You've given us so little to work with that you're not going to get much in the way of help.

I hear the Apogee Duet is pretty good for needle drops.

Honestly, you've already experienced almost every type of headphone there is - Grado, IEM, bass cannon farty thing, closed AT - and should know what you like and dislike about them. Use that information to formulate your own opinions and figure out what kind of sound you'd like, instead of asking for us to randomly pick at straws and throw some headphone model names around.

Welcome, cybertron. The protocol is to not post threads like this. ;) Please take a good look around, and think very carefully before posting anymore.

I think $300 is a weird tweener price range. I personally would go either <$200 or $400-500. Maybe some good Stax fit in around $300; I don't know. That's my take before lock.