Which Panavise

grenert

I see that Panavises are highly recommended by a number of you. What base/head combination would you suggest as an initial purchase? The circuit board holder looks great, but there doesn't seem to be much expandability. I was thinking the model 350 (tray base, wide jaws) might be a better option because it can take a wire holder. Do the wide jaws work well for PCBs? Is the soldering station useful?

Thanks for suggestions!

what are you planning to use it for first ?

and how do you want it to stay in place

Mostly using it for soldering PCBs (usually small to medium size). However, I'm also looking at non-PCB heads for a secondary use to hold plastic case parts while I Dremel them.

I'm hoping that the base will stay put without bolting it to the table (not an option).

• 4 months later...

The model 301 has served me well for many years now.

301large.gif

PanaVise Products, Inc.

One thing that might be worth adding would be the 312 base, which adds a lot of stability and a place to stash a few parts while you're working.

PanaVise Products, Inc.

And you might find both cheaper with a little searching, I can't remember where I ordered my stuff from in '04. :eek:

I have the 324 work center, minus the solder iron holder, which I bought off of ebay. I never have bought any other heads for it; still use a helping hands for cable shit (or my bench vise). I dislike the helping hands more everytime I use them :palm: The Panavise Jr. looks nice, if you can live with its limitations.